Have My Dna Results

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Hedi Mitchell, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

61 % western European
    35 %Ireland
    4 % of 4 other countries
    Wow was not expecting these results...well the Irish part maybe:D

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

What did you expect?

3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Bill Boggs ...well native american percentage...but I guess one side of the family did not know what they were talking about.

4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been wondering if your results end up in a big government or other database. Anyone know anything about where all this information ends up? o_O :confused:

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

That I don't know. The dna results are used with all the other dna they have.
    Also read the more people who contribute their dna the better the results can change some. As of right now I am related to ..or possibly related to over 1600 people in the US.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My conspiracy-inclined self believes that it does indeed end up in a government database. If I were a younger man, I might be concerned.

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

35% - Great !!!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Ken Anderson , what would be your main concerns for the younger generations? I would worry that eventually a person’s ability to have children could be limited by future DNA guidelines. I can see how DNA could be used to limit or even dictate many future aspects for future generations.

Someday an individual’s choice for a marriage partner could be dictated by DNA. What concerns do the rest of you have about a DNA database?

9. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

I have often thought of having my DNA tested and at one time it was sort of required, but am more than a bit paranoid and avoided having it done.
    Stuff like this is the reason...
    Report: DNA from beauty products draws interest of the CIA
    It would be fairly obvious to the casual observer that I do not use "beauty" products, but what purpose would the CIA have in such things?

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no concerns and would like to see a worldwide DNA database
    A fortune would be saved in the search for criminals which is a top priority for me
    As for choosing a marriage partner, many people make odd choices - nothing new
    A woman married herself the other day :rolleyes:

11. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

OK @Patsy Faye , now how did that happen? And why? :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just as the government has a database of fingerprints collected, not only from people who have been arrested, but given voluntarily by the parents of children who have responded to fingerprint programs, there is the idea (which I think is realistic) that they are also interested in having a database of everyone's DNA. Quite likely, this is being collected by hospital personnel at birth these days.

There is also the fear that someone's insurance rates will be raised because of things in their DNA that might place them at greater risk for expensive diseases.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Can they get our DNA from our blood samples? If so, they already have most of ours for whatever reasons they may think of to use this information...including putting it in a Data Base. :)

I agree with @Ken Anderson...I'm not really worried about a Data Base having my DNA, but I'm sure not going to pay for them to put it in that base.

I don't know if this is the same thing or not, but I have read articles where they study your DNA to check if you are probably going to get breast Cancer and other forms of cancer, Alzheimer's, etc. To me this might be a good thing if they could help prevent you from developing these things...on the other hand it might be kind of scary knowing you have a good chance of getting terminal things, etc. and there may be nothing that can help these things.

14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Western Europe?... that's a big area, any idea what it might be.. German?.. French?? or something else?

15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Europe West
    Primarily located in: Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein

Also found in: England, Denmark, Italy, Slovenia, Czech Republic

The Europe West region is a broad expanse stretching from Amsterdam's sea-level metropolis to the majestic peaks of the Alps. Geographically dominated by France in the west and Germany in the east, it includes several nations with distinct cultural identities. From the boisterous beer gardens of Munich to the sun-soaked vineyards of Bordeaux and the alpine dairy farms of Switzerland, it is a region of charming cultural diversity.