Have You Had Anyone In Your Circle Test Positive For The Virus?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Lon Tanner, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, at first I was going to put it like
    Elon Musk was in my circle, but that might be a future thing, not happening yet... (He makes more money in one minute than I make in a year or ten.)

I do like him, that he published, or someone published, his experience.

Others I've met this year have had a similar experience, false positives, false negatives, and 13 out of 20 tests returned "positive" without even having been used! In Wuhan, China, they reported 80% false positives.

Friends and family members who may have tested positive, had no symptoms at all. (same as about 80% overall thru the usa. ) A football team, 5 members, I met last week, reported many tested positive, but no one was sick at all.
    However, this info and etc might be better on another thread of it's own, yes.... If it can be 'moved' to its own thread, that would be so cool ! THANKS !

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've never had anyone in my circle ever test positive for any virus. But I never had any friends be tested for a virus. There never used to be the drive for numbers like there is these days. It's like a Jerry Lewis telethon with the constantly updated tote board.

Keep in mind that testing occurs when you've been around someone who's contracted the thing. You and your friends can test positive and still be asymptomatic. Those at my church have friends who have tested positive after someone in their household got sick, while they themselves never exhibited symptoms.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  3. John Brunner

Just out of curiosity, Thomas: did they test your wife for the swine flu virus, or did she just "not get sick"?

And that's interesting regarding the geographical differences. I wonder if the mandatory TB shots made a difference in and of themselves, or if they are merely evidence of a more robust healthcare system/focus on prevention.

4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

There were no tests for the swine flu virus. My wife just didn't get sick. The same thing had happened years ago with the normal flu I had contracted while she didn't.
    Yet there were occasions when she went down with an unknown virus that I didn't catch and she also caught the norovirus from me. You never know.

The effect of the tuberculosis jabs is still tentative but because there is that geographical divide it very likely must have something to do with the mandatory prevention in the eastern part. Measles, for instance, are far less common in the eastern part, too. Yet there doesn't seem to be robust evidence as far as I know.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

With other pandemics, the numbers represented people who actually got sick. With this one, they count everyone who has come into contact with anyone who has the virus, sometimes multiple times.

John Brunner likes this.
  6. John Brunner

GraphcDec 11.jpg

Define "wave." ​

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Had cousin test positive. He died. Two weeks later his wife died.
    they were in Little Rock in an Assisted Living home.

8. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Yes/
    the death rate in nursing homes and assisted living homes/ elderly hospice care places
    has probably always been normal , and normally higher than the death rate among healthy people.

In the nursing homes, hospitals, etc, if someone dies of aids, heart attack, falling off a ladder (yes, this was really counted, in the news, last week), seizures, or other things that have caused death for decades,
    this year it is put down as a covid death to get thousands of dollars more money funded by the covid promoters.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. John Brunner

I don't want to diminish anyone's death, especially those who are known to members...

There's the point you make, as well as the lack of any basis for comparison on any prior flu season.

10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Other members have posted the comparisons, and it has been frequently available online all year long, as
    was known already in before this year began....

i.e. the fake news was already exposed years ago, and simply again this year.

The sad thing is, (we are not making light of anyone's death) - it is sad that the deaths of so many are totally misrepresented, and all too often happen because they simply were not taken care of in the facility they were in (whether home, hospice, hospital, etc ) .... even more so this year.

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I do know. this more people I know are showing negative of the virus... Only to end up in the hospital with the virus. Some have been tested more than once.

12. John Brunner

I read an article of a woman whose mother was in hospice. Her mother had swallowing issues. Her mother died, and they chalked it up to COVID (because of a test, not because she was sick from it.) The daughter got her own autopsy done. Her mother had actually choked to death.

I should have bookmarked that article so I could cite her specific name and the specific place. It's not an internet rumor.

13. John Brunner

Really???

So tests are showing false negatives? That is not good. I believe there were early concerns because the tests came from China, but thought that had been rectified. Obviously not, huh?

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I just learned that I now do know someone who has not only contracted the virus but COVID-19, as well. My older brother, sister-in-law, and nephew all had COVID-19. My brother is about twelve years older than me, so he's 81 or 82 years old, his wife is about the same age because they were in college together, and my nephew is probably in his late 50s because he was my brother's oldest son. My brother and sister-in-law winter in Florida, and come home to Michigan in the summer and fall, so they had been doing some traveling, including visiting their oldest son.

I spoke to my brother on the phone, and he is over it now. It lasted about two weeks, and he said that he was very tired, sleeping about twelve hours a day, had body aches, a fever, and a loss of appetite, although he was able to taste the food when he ate. He was not hospitalized for it. Instead, he took large amounts of Vitamin C, Vitamin D-3, Zinc, and something else that I am not remembering right now. He described COVID-19 as being not nearly as bad as the flu, which he has had a few times, despite (or because of) the fact that he gets vaccinated for the flu regularly. He said that the flu was far worse than COVID-19. With COVID-19, he was very uncomfortable for the first week, and it was completely over after about two weeks.

He said that his son, my nephew, had a loss of taste and smell, but that neither he nor his wife had that. His wife's symptoms were not as severe as were my brothers - and my nephew, who tested positive for the virus, had the same symptoms plus a loss of taste and smell, but his symptoms were pretty mild. My brother told me that his son was convinced that his symptoms were so mild and that the disease went away more quickly because he would gargle with Listerine and then swallow a fresh cap full of the stuff. I'm not endorsing that, but I do pretty much the same thing when I am coming down with something. He also took the vitamins.

So their experience with COVID-19 was that it was uncomfortable but not nearly as bad as the flu. None of them had any respiratory problems or any problems that led them to think they were going to die, and none of them were hospitalized.

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry Bill...:(

Bill Boggs likes this.