Have Your Religious Beliefs Helped You Cope During These Trying Times?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Many people say they are stressed out, depressed and having a difficult time functioning normally. How are you doing? Has your religious faith helped cope?

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

On one hand yes, on one hand no.

On one hand, I am at peace with myself but the borders of that peace are rather frayed especially when I see all the riotous people who, if they had the same peace I have, would not be burning and wrecking other people’s property and stealing that which does not belong to them. If they only knew peace.

On one hand, I have a type of joy that surpasses all understanding but still, on the other hand, when I hear that people are hurting and murdering each other, and children, I am saddened. If they only had joy.

On one hand, there is a proven purpose for my life which gives me a lot of power within, but on the other, when I see and hear of people who have no understanding that there is indeed a much higher purpose for their existence and more power than they have even known, I am unhappy.

On one hand, I am not afraid of anything for God has given me power, love and understanding for which no fear can enter in, but yet, l sit in witness to those who do fear otherwise they would not band together with a false courage to do their mischief. It hurts.

On one hand yes, on one hand no.

And, how about you Lon?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

that verse that talks about today being wrought by enough trouble...much less tomorrow....i try and stay in the moment

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Matthew 6:34. Therefore, worry not about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself......

Teresa Levitt likes this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Registered

I have no trouble coping or adapting to change.

6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

So, your religious beliefs enable you to cope and adapt to change. Good.

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

I have no religious beliefs Bobby. You are getting to be a broken record my friend

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

BBBBut, you replied in your own thread and the OP, as written by you, clearly asks the question to religious people ergo.........

Could your reply possibly be a psychological slip which might indicate your subconscious latent desire to know a bit more about God?
    Though you may think I’m taking a jab at you, I’m not. I have known a few very very staunch atheists who have made a 180 degree turn in their thinking.
    One of them was my Dad.

9. Lon Tanner

Registered

Today is a religious day for many of the world's people and I wish them all well,