Here We Go Again, This Time Grammy Award Complaint

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Only one female music artist won a Grammy last night. The "rumbling" about it has started, but the Academy says "female artists should try harder" aka "step up to the plate".

At least the late Carrie Fisher got a Grammy for her book.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Didn't watch it...I never watch any awards shows.

Do just like to see what they were wearing the next day online.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We watch a LOT of tv.

Actually, some shows, like award shows, we will record on our Comcast DVR. That way if we don't like what we are watching in a show, we can do a fast-forward, plus skip all commercials. Except if we take an afternoon nap on the weekend, sleeping at night or when my wife is at work, the tv is almost always on. Actually, if tv is off when she gets home, within 5 minutes, she will turn on. I never/ever watched as much tv as I have since we've been married.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just turn on the TV when I go to bed but don't watch it...just listen to fall asleep. I put it on reruns of Big Bang or on my recordings of Big Bang. I probably have all episodes and it will play one after another without me having to click on anything.

I practically know the lines by heart so there's no need for me to open my eyes and their voices just comfort me and lull me to sleep.

I turn it off around 1 am.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

So, what the heck do you do the rest of the day if you hardly ever watch tv?

During the day, when wife is at work, I sort of enjoy the "piece and quiet" of it being off, but there are days I will turn on to watch Gunsmoke. Last Thursday and Friday I had it on most of the afternoon watching the Farmer's Insurance PGA with Tiger Woods playing. The tv was on most of the afternoon this past Saturday and Sunday since we were watching Tiger as well.

Now, when the weather gets better and warmer on the weekends, we will either have the boat out or be at the range.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I do watch Netflix and Amazon video when I have something to binge watch but they're on my iPad.

I do have a firestick but haven't gotten around to setting it up on my TV.

Guess I'm so used to watching on an iPad that it freaks me out to watch on a tv screen, lol.

I also go out every day for something or other.