Hertz Trying To Sell 20k Ev's To Buy Gas Fuel Cars

Discussion in 'Energy & Fuel' started by Joy Martin, Aug 2, 2024.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Hertz is TRYING to sell 20K EV's they purchased and trying to get rid of them. People do NOT want to rent EV's and Hertz and who knows is Stuck With Them and trying to unload them...

I heard this on the radio the other day as well.

https://abc7.com/hertz-electric-vehi...-evs/14314533/

Poor/bad decision making going on across the boards....

Poor and bad decisions are CONSTANT and NOT going to END.....

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Although some people really like ev's, if you are going to a strange place you don't know where the chargers are... And if you want a foot loose vacation, you want the mileage provided by gas...

Mandates don't work! Biden and greenies trying to force people into ev's won't help. Eventually we will probably all be driving them if we are still around but no one likes to be forced.
    Same with wind power and solar. Yes, they can provide some power. But at what cost? The ratio is still not good for most and not reliable enough.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hertz has a lot of culpability in the lack of EV rental popularity. I've read horror stories of people picking up rental EVs only to find that there's less than a 50 mile charge in them. And because Hertz does not stay on top of theft of the charging cable (like hitting the thief's credit card and replacing them), there is often no way to charge them!!! On top of that, there are no instructions on how to even use the daggone thing. Customers were pulling out their phones to lookup instructions online.

So that article can blame Tesla all they want, but Hertz has screwed a lot of customers with this fiasco.

I took a quick look. Those prices are in line with what CarMax is getting asking.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
    Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There are some really good discounts for getting an EV car right now, depending on which state you live in, and also depending on income. I just saw that Washington state has some amazing discounts on most of the EV or hybrid vehicles. We seldom drive very far, and if Alabama had this kind of discount, I would love to have an EV or hybrid !
    We would be able to travel further and enjoy having a nice vehicle, and not just have this old pickup.
    This is for low-income people, so that would help a lot of people who have dependable vehicles; but this program is not available here.

IMG_6845.jpeg

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.