Higher Education Is The Responsibility Of The Individual & Family Not Government

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Higher Education Is The Responsibility of The Individual & Family Not Government

Like I was fortunate to receive the Korean War Vet G.I Bill to pay for part of my higher education, I fully support our Midlle Eastern War Vets with a similar program, but for the rest of the general population I oppose any government assistance. Education has already been watered down due to govermental regulations and interference.

Outstanding Student Loans should be PAID OFF and not forgiven or discounted. Borrowing students had control over the amounts they borrowed.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This reminds me of that GI Bill that I used to hear from my father-in-law. My husband's older brother got into college with that benefit for world war 2 veterans. The brother took up aeronautical engineering and although he did not finish the course but at least his college studies helped in his career later on as a businessman.

Related to college education, our government now has this program called CCT (conditional cash transfer) for grade school and high school students. They are given cash grants of from $10 to $20 per month per student provided the student would get at least an average grade. However, there are accusations of corruptions for not all beneficiaries are qualified. Besides, in some rural areas, the parents of scholar students don't work anymore and are just relying on the cash grant of their children.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My kids paid off their student loans of about $150,000 for their graduate years. We paid for their first 4 years.

My grandson is going to college next year and his parents will pay for it. My parents paid for our college the first four years but it was cheaper back then....way cheaper and I dropped out anyway.

The last university my grandson looked at a few weeks ago is Loyola Marymount and tuition and room and board will cost about $58,000 a year. He's also looked at Cal Poly which is somewhat less.

4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I just noticed that we live in the same town Chrissy

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I knew that! Falcon from SF has been to my house but at least 9-10 years ago.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpg

I live here....

That field is an orchard of I think Fruit trees. The smaller field used to be fruit trees also but they have been planning a plaza there for years. Hasn't happened.

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page
    That "stick-pin" could cause your roof to leak!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

So that's where the rats were coming in.

Frank Sanoica likes this.