How Many Genders Are There?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Ken Anderson, May 29, 2018.

1. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Veteran Member
    Registered

The problem is not what gender you are...
    It is the changing of your gender that causes confusion:rolleyes:

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

From my understanding, the psycho-analytics are recognizing a type of social gender as opposed to a biological gender.
    It’s like observing the participants of a masquerade ball.during the Halloween season. We know that x is a male and y is a female but x is dressed as Shirley Temple and Y is dressed like a pirate.
    The unfortunate thing is that the Halloween season never ends and the participants of the ball insist that the portrayed facade is in fact a reality.

Science only recognizes two genders but psychologically (a soft science) there are more than two which is where the rub starts.

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That was a nice thoughtful post.
    I don't know any transexuals personally, so I'm in no position to judge or assume I understand whatever they are going through. Obviously, SOMETHING went wrong, whether it be genetically or psychologically. I think a person should be able to assume the role of whatever they feel most comfortable being, but I don't think this adds additional genders. These new gender benders categories only confuse the issue and cause some people to take it too far which opens up the whole issue to ridicule. I don't understand the whole sex change operation either. I don't know what to feel about it.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

Most of the whole thing is none of my business what gender someone wants to be. There are people who are treating their gender as a daily feature much the same as someone donning something from the closet to wear for the day: today it’s a sports jacket and the day before was coat and tie.
    It’s purely a point of wherever the imagination takes someone, it’s where they go.

Now, the problem seems to be that there are those who not only have a great imagination but want others to endorse it as reality. If they just live in their own world and do whatever it is they want to do it would be just hunky-dory with me. But nope, some just gotta change my world too which doesn’t fly.
    I can learn to like someone no matter what sex or gender they consider themselves because I personally do not care what the focus is on their personal genitalia.
    I leave their world alone, they leave mine alone and we can just be humans together and we can learn to love and like each other because of the heart and nothing else.

Bess Barber likes this.
  5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

This should be on a flag to be carried by people who don't want everyone else's crazy in their house. :p