How Many Of These Get On Your Nerves?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

accch it must be some of that British blood you obviously have running through your veins..because they're part of our every day language here.. :D

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thanks and yup, I pick’em up wherever I can find them and from my angle, you’re a pretty good writer!

You are indeed correct Thomas, I am not at all fond of using emojis but there are times when I feel as though I might not be conveying the proper sentiment in my writing so that is when I use them.

I have been told on many occasions that my sense of humor can be mistaken for sarcasm so in the real world and face to face I am especially careful to choose how and when to use humor in a conversation.
    I was also told by one of my staff in Ekuk, Alaska that she figured out that she could tell if I was serious or kidding by looking at my eyes.

I’m not a smiler even when I am extremely happy. :)

3. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

This 4. People who park so close to you , you have difficulty opening the door to get out and have to climb over the passenger seat..

Not to much bothers me, this does, had it happen to me with a very small sporty car long time ago and 5 of us were able to pickup the front off the ground we moved the car to a close by very muddy area with about 4=6" of water over mud, we were filthy to say the least, no damage to the car done just no way it could be driven out, (many years ago). We all got in the truck bed and pulled over to the far side of the lot and waited and watched, about half hour the owner came out to leave, a lady looked in 40's well dressed and when she saw her car it was priceless she started stomping her foot and screaming cuss words, she had to call a wrecker to get it out. We were parked with a small space between mine and my friends trucks due to others parking on lines she squeezed in between us. Livid was an understatement, for her actions. The pay back was priceless.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I do that deliberately sometimes, when people park far over on one side or the other of the parking lane, almost on the line, I will park in the center of the parking lane, and if that means that they have to crawl over from the other side of the car to get in, maybe they won't feel the need to take up two spaces next time.

5. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

Ken good for you, I got to thinking about all that and remembered the ladies car was a small red Triumph convertible type, not seen one in a very long time, we were surprised when we found we could lift one end of it we were just going to move it. Then the idea hit: why not! All the muddy boots were worth it to see her having a fit.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

In high school, we moved one of our teacher's VW bug onto the steps of the school one day. He had a pretty good sense of humor about it.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

About Nancy Pelosi...even though she's a Democrat, I thought she had a pretty good figure 30 years ago.

Hal

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

ME TOO !

Hal

Shirley Martin likes this.
  9. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

I get annoyed when I have to wait in a checkout line, sometimes it takes longer to spend my money than it did to earn it!

I get annoyed when someone with a giant trolley filled with groceries is in line ahead of me in the 7 item or less express lane.

I also get annoyed when someone gets too close to me when I'm at the teller window in the bank.

When these things happen I try to remain calm and tell myself that these people have been sent to test me.

10. Ken Anderson

There was a store that I went to somewhere, North Carolina I think, where the express lane (14 items or less) was set so that the register would not accept more than fourteen items without ringing up two sales. That took the onus off the cashier, and greatly decreased the number of people trying to use that line with more than 14 items.

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Probably was NC, @Ken Anderson . We NC folks are smarter than most folks. :D

Ken Anderson likes this.