How Many Times Have You Been Married And How Long Each?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Wow Cody. You (and wife) don’t mind judging others.
    Dunno but didn’t Jesus die on the cross for you AND that same person you are judging? How is it that you are comfortable with that or is it that you somehow believe that He sacrificed His life just for you and possibly those people you approve of?
    I sure am glad that God isn’t as picky as you are!!

Mary Robi likes this.
  2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I have done a search for pictures of Mixed Race people both male and female comprised of two or more races and there are some really great looking folks.

3. Emily Brown

Emily Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

It can be classified as "Out of Topic" here in this thread, but I must post it (as a reply). It's called LOVE, regardless of any ever single reason. It's just one example I can give now, I still have some, no worries. :D

4. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I can remember an incident in the family that was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. It is now family folklore. All were sitting around the table. MY Aunt Bless her soul. A totally religious woman, a Pentacostal Christian prone to jumping up praying and having "episodes of the spirit" where she would just spout gibberish for a second or two. One of her sons married a woman of color. She said that she wasn't prejudiced, and that she,"loved her little brown berries just the same as the regular ones!"

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I will say this AGAIN, Bobby.........I was judged for years for being involved with rodeo! I was judged for working at a stockyards!

There are those that will judge, but won't admit they do, for different things. Such as being a "pack rat", tattoos, hair color, weight and the list goes on and on. The key words in my first sentence is, "but won't admit they do". Heck, there are threads on this forum that talk about "judging" folks!

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

But, there will always be those that will not like it, no matter how much "Whup-Ass" you talk about doing!

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, there is, but facts still remain that not everyone likes it, including some families. There are moms, dads, grandparents that don't like whom their children date and marry, including a different race and/or religion.

8. Peter Renfro

Registered

So Cody, In your opinion are those who do not like it "wrong" And are they wrong if they just, "do not like it", or if they act on their beliefs?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What I'm saying here, Bobby, isn't necessarily pointed at you two! But, there are those that live in southern states that love the diversity that is there. That diversity/racial mix isn't at all where we live and there are parts of states around us where there is little-to-no diversity/racial mix, like Wyoming, Montana, North and South Dakota, Kansas and Nebraska.

Don't know about today, but Idaho wasn't that racially diverse years ago. Remember that retired L.A.P.D. Detective, after the OJ Simpson Case was over, moved to a darn near 100% white area in Idaho?

When we started telling some folks in Jacksonville, Florida, that, as I've already stated, is highly racial diverse, that we were moving back to Colorado, most of them didn't even know where Colorado is, let alone any of the surrounding states. There are those that love "diversity" where they live, but that wasn't so much us.

When we spent a weekend in Cheyenne, Wyoming, we didn't see anybody of color there at all. Nobody! Cheyenne isn't known for diversity at all. Neither is Cody, Wyoming, Sheridan, Wyoming, Bozeman, Montana and on and on.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

If they "act on their beliefs", I feel that is totally wrong! Spray painting a "swastika" on someone's home, which is still done or wearing a KKK hood into grocery store, like was done by two different young men, in Santee, CA and Dillon, Colorado..........absolutely and totally wrong!!

We all have our opinions about things, but expressing those opinions is one thing, physically acting on them is totally different.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

There are families in America that think dating or marrying someone out of their race and/or religion is absolutely wrong. They may "put up with it, but their inside feelings definitely don't like it.

Then, there are families that simply don't care who dates or marries who.

But, bottom line is........America does have both types of families!

12. Peter Renfro

Registered

Well my town is not diverse. My kids graduated in a class of 88 kids. Two are black, well mixed if you count those things.. Still a mixed couple raises no eyebrows.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, that is in your town, but your town isn't every town in America. Am I right?

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No diversity? Cheyenne is named after a Native American Nation of people.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Listen folks, I went to a two-township consolidated school in Huntertown, Indiana. "Consolidated" meaning K thru 12th grade, with halls separating them. There was one black family of students that went to the school, but for the five years I went there (8th thru 12th) I never once seen them. At no school events or anything else. The farming community I lived was totally white as well, as was the closest town of Churubusco. Ft. Wayne was the only surrounding city that was diverse in races. Went there very little. IOW, unlike some, I wasn't raised around anyone "of color" at all.

Now, when I worked as an EMT, in Los Angles, Compton, South Central and Watts, California and my partner in the Unit was black, I loved it. He was very nice and I looked at him as my "protector". He lived in Compton and knew all of the areas very, very well.

I totally respect any race of law enforcement and parts of So California had both Vietnamese and Black. All were great at being Officers!

I know a retired rodeo champion who is black, married to a white lady and has a kid. Have met his wife and kid.......terrific! A rodeo article I read told about all the difficulties he went thru when the rodeo family found out he was seeing, and had married, a white lady. But, the rodeo family feels different about that today. He is a multi-year champion and highly respected in the rodeo industry. As he should be.