How Much Time Do You Spend On Facebook?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Lon Tanner, Feb 22, 2021 at 4:23 PM.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

I post to Facebook every day starting at breakfast. Since I do not see friends and family on a regular basis it's a good way to let them know what's going on with my life and that I am still alive and well.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Veteran Member
    Registered

Zero. No use for it.

Hal Pollner likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is how I mostly keep up with my friends and family also, although I seldom post much on Facebook. What I really enjoy are the different facebook groups that I belong to, which are about everything from news to healthy living, to historical information.
    I also belong to a local group for lost/found dogs, so that if we see a stray dog, I can check and see if someone has posted about losing one like that.
    I follow Idaho groups, as well as groups for Tartaria and ancient history, and then I also belong to several groups about plant-based diets, and other healthful living information.
    There are some great groups that keep up to date on news information, and I look forward to reading those every day as well. Twitter is even better with instant news reports , so between the two of these social media, I find about everything that I am interested in learning about.

When I had the pacemaker operation, I joined a group for that for a while, too, and it really helped to answer a lot of my questions and worries about having a pacemaker.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

I check it everyday for posting from my high school graduating classmates of 1968. The ones that are a part of FB, that is. I'm also part of a Team Roping Group, both those that are no longer active in it, like myself, and those that are still active in it. I also follow advertisements/photos from: Wrangler jeans and Resistol hats.

So, yes, I'm pretty active in it.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't do Facebook.

[​IMG]

Trevalius Guyus likes this.
  6. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm on Facebook only because I had to join to put up my business site, there. Personally, I think it's a huge scam, set up to provide personal info to any number of those who need, and are willing to pay for, the same. I hate most things about the way its platform is structured. I have reconnected with old friends, so that's the only positive of having my personal site up.

Hal Pollner and John Brunner like this.
  7. Von Jones

Von Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

Never thought of Facebook until I received an invite after a family get together. Our family is all across the US and it is a good way for me to keep in-the-know about them and vice visa so I am on Facebook everyday because it's always good, bad, hilarious and caring events happening that I wouldn't know otherwise.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

10 /15 minute a day. I won't justify my use of the platform. I enjoy the entertainment and the contact with friends and family.

9. Herb Sutton

Herb Sutton Member
    Registered

ZERO, I can't be bothered. They endlessly want me to "friend" people that I never heard of who live in places I have never heard of. Don't need it.

10. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Well-Known Member
    Registered

Not much - maybe 5 min. per day, and that is only because I get emails telling me someone has posted something - most often family or church friends.

11. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Good for you, Herb!

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I haven't posted to my Facebook page since January 12. I still check in there a few times a day in case somebody is trying to get a hold of me for something. At times, if someone references me in a post on their page or in one of the groups, I will reply, but I don't intend to be active on Facebook anymore. I have a counselor and some of the alternative sites, such as Minds, but I haven't really been doing anything with them either. Eventually, I'll settle on one of the alternatives, and check in there more often.

13. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Task Force Registered

My country has gone sour on Facebook as Zuckerberg thinks he can kick us around. Well he cant and now the greedy dude has backed down and will pay Australian media services for his platform's news feeds. I now wish to see this as a lead for other overseas new services to do the same. This power hungry bloke can no longer ride ruffshod over people and expect to get away with it. I know Facebook is an American company..but this had to aired. No offense.

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

i go on facebook about once a day--i have a grandaughter in real estate--loads of nieces and nefews---all my children are on facebook and all my grand children

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Am I the only one here that likes and uses the facebook groups about whatever interests you ?
    Checking in with what is happening with friends and family does not take much time, but I love checking the different interest groups to see what has been shared there.
    Even though I decided not to get an Almond Cow, I even joined an Almond Cow group because it has lots of good information about making all kinds of plant-based milk.
    The rest of my groups are mostly health-related, political, or about ancient history. I enjoy all of them.

Craig Wilson likes this.