How Often Do You Change Bed Linens (sheets)?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nothing cozier than getting into bed with fresh clean sheets. Changing every day would sure be nice and we would probably sleep better, but it's not practical, so how often do you change?

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Well-Known Member
    Registered

Every Monday.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

We change them every couple of days and sometimes more often, largely because our cats share the bed, and the cat hair makes things itchy. When I was single, I changed sheets every day but, because I was in EMS, I used hospital sheets that I would circulate back into the hospital laundry, so I didn't have to wash my own sheets.

The way that worked was that each ambulance company would buy sheets imprinted with the ambulance company name but because we would invariably leave our sheets with the patient when we left them at the ER, the hospital laundry service was clean them, and we would eventually get them back, although there was a lot of overlap. Mixed in with our sheets were hospital sheets and sheets from other ambulance companies.

The personal use was my gaming the system so that I didn't have to wash my own sheets.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

yep I'd love to change my sheets every day... but similar to Beth, I change my bedding every Monday...

5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Well-Known Member
    Registered

Never change my sheets because I sleep in a leather recliner next to my wife's recliner(she sleeps thee because of her COPD).

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

I'm sorry your wife is suffering so badly with the COPD Al... but I was just wondering, does long term use of a recliner not cause lower back pain?

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Well-Known Member
    Registered

No back pain for me or her. She can't sleep in a bed. She'd been sleeping in a recliner for about a year and I was sleeping in bed in the bed room so I bought another recliner so that we could be together again.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Now that's real love....

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

I change ours weekly and wash the ones I take off the same day. My wife always sleeps better with clean sheets and pillow cases.

When I had my hip replacement done in 2005, I couldn't walk up the steps to our bedroom upstairs, so I had to sleep sitting up on the couch we had downstairs in the living room. We bought a descent 2-Way Intercom System (portable type) from Radio Shack. I had one intercom by the couch and my wife had the other by the bed upstairs. We'd say "goodnight, I love you" to each other before going to sleep.

We ended up getting rid of the couch and buying two recliners, which came in very handy for the two rotator cuff surgeries (one in each shoulder) that I had. For eight weeks or so, I had to sleep in my wife's recliner, which was located next to our bedroom door where she was sleeping. I really never had a problem sleeping in the recliner, but was very, very glad to be able to go back to sleeping in a bed. My wife has a very hard time sleeping (napping) in the recliner.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Every Monday:)

11. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The housekeeper (wife) does it on Wednesday..

12. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Active Member
    Registered

Depends on how many times we have hot, steamy, sweaty sex. :rolleyes: