How Quick Are You To Adapt & Adjust To Changes In Your Life?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

We have all had changes that required some times minor and some times major changes in how well we adapt and adjust to those changes and get on with our life. Death, Divorce, Job Loss, Major Health Issues, Marriage, Military Draft, Births,
    Looking back on my own 85 years of living and having experienced every one of the foregoing changes I think I was pretty quick to adapt and adjust,

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I consider myself fairly adaptable, but thankfully I haven't experienced any drastic unexpected changes in my life. With other changes such as the deaths of my parents, divorce, etc. I suffered the stages of grief but ultimately assumed a "new normal." So I suppose I'm fairly resilient.

Ruby Begonia and Bess Barber like this.
  3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I've had a few events in my life that totally blind sighted me and changed my life quite drastically almost overnight. I think of that line in the old Jack Nicholson movie 'As Good As It Gets'. I ask myself, if this is as good as it's ever going to get, am I still able to get on with myself. So far, the answer has always been yes.

Ruby Begonia and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

On a scale of 1 to 5, I'd say 3.

Bess Barber and Beth Gallagher like this.