How Was Your Day? Come And Share With Us

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thankfully, no!! :D

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Last night the raccoon traps netted a surly possum. (He has been released on his own recognizance.) Raccoons still evading justice. Pool clear!!

Yvonne Smith and Von Jones like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Nasty little thing! (He now lives about 20 miles from here. :D)

Yvonne Smith and Nancy Hart like this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Details! details! In the video it looks like early in the morning. I bet you were all giddy to see if you caught the raccoon, heehee.

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Haha, it was early, Von. (I slept through the whole thing.) It was stormy and raining all night, so overcast and dark outside this morning. My husband went outside with his coffee and discovered "Rocky" was incarcerated. He was a nasty little thing and none too happy about being in that cage.

Hubby put a tarp in the back of his jeep and sat the cage in there, then drove the little creep to his new locale. He made a few pics to show me so I wouldn't miss out on the adventure.

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you are using those Have-a-heart type of traps, you have to get the trigger set where it will trip easily. I have used those traps before (when I lived out in the country and needed to capture my escaped bunny rabbits), and it took me a while to get the trigger set so that it would trip when the critter goes in, and before they can grab the bait and get back out.

Just got to the trapping news and the video. He does not seem happy at all. To be in that trap ! You guys did a great job oof catching him, and hopefully, he won’t find his way back again.

Beth Gallagher and Von Jones like this.
  7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher, are you going to keep the trap set up just in case there is another raccoon around?

8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

took my wife to see her ophthalmologist today. We were required to have masks on. I went in to gert the wheel chair that I use to transport her. When I din't come right back with her they came out to see what was the problem. My wife, whoo is on O2 was unable to breath with the mask on and I suggested that we just cancel her appointment. They said wait a second and came back after a few minutes with a face shield. So the end result is that heMD is stable fro last year. Got back in January.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yes. My husband said the one he caught is the female, so "Rocky" remains at large. :D

Von Jones and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

A couple of years ago I heard raccoons at the grill just outside my kitchen door. I thought that turning on the light and opening the door would make them scurry. Nope.

I opened the door, and one of them immediately made a bee-line trying to get in my kitchen!!! I slammed the door shut, vowing to never do that again.

Filthy little buggers...

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Well, I never. :D I just got notification from Youtube that my raccoon video is unacceptable and has been put on "age restriction." What the actual hell?? Here's an excerpt from the email...

As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow – and don’t allow – on YouTube. Your video coon was flagged to us for review. Upon review, we’ve determined that it may not be suitable for all viewers and it has been placed behind an age restriction.

Video content restrictions
    Content with excessive vulgar or sexual language is not considered appropriate for all audiences. Please note: We don’t allow this type of content if we know the uploader is under 18.

I responded that they can shove it and take down the video if they choose, and to police those who need policing. Vulgar language?? Can they understand raccoon???

ETA--I've decided to delete the video. Google can kiss my grits.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It's the word "coon," I'll bet. It's flagged as a racist term. PC has no respect for language, as evidenced by the fact that the proper use of the word "niggardly" can get you fired, although its use predates the n-word and its origins have nothing to do with race.

Von Jones and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

They may pucker up and KMA. It is obvious from the stupid video that it is a coon in a damn cage. Anyway, I deleted my "channel" which consisted of one 6-second video. My career as a youtube sensation is over.

14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher ...Sorry messed up with the smiley face on your quote.

Beth Gallagher likes this.