I Always Thought This Was True

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Don Alaska, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I believed at the time that the reason Jay Leno was fired was because he treated Obama just like he treated other politicians. Of course that was very mild compared to what is being done to Mr. Trump these days, but someone has formalized the idea:

WHY NBC GOT RID OF JAY LENO

News is leaking out from Hollywood executives in-the-know that the Obama White House had been leaning on, pressuring executives at NBC for the last two years to replace Jay Leno because the comedian was criticizing Obama every night. Obama didn't like it and considered it a racist attack on him.

After data came to light that $100's of millions had been spent on First Family vacations during a recession, Mrs. Obama's unpopular new laws that changed food in America's schools and other negative news including the disastrous Obamacare roll-out & website mess, Jay Leno took his comedy to a new level and his ratings skyrocketed -- none of the other comics were so bold.

NBC couldn't stomach the fact that Leno's jokes about Obama were always right on target about the first black president...
    And left-leaning Democrat executives at NBC were being harassed by Obama himself who thought the comedy was a racist attack on him.

GOLDEN OLDIES FROM JAY:

"I was going to start off tonight with an Obama joke, but I don't want to get audited by the IRS."

On NSA surveillance: "We wanted a president who listens to all Americans -- now we have one."

On a new IRS commissioner: "He's called 'acting commissioner' because he has to act like the scandal doesn't involve the White House."

On closing the Guantanamo prison for terrorists: "If he really wants to close it, turn it into a government-funded solar power company. The doors will be shut in a month."

Concerning the Benghazi, Associated Press, and IRS scandals: "Remember in the old days when President Obama's biggest embarrassment was Joe Biden?"

On saying he didn't know about the IRS scandal: "He was too busy not knowing anything about Benghazi to not know anything about the IRS."

"The White House has a new slogan about Benghazi: Hope and change the subject."

"It's casual Friday, which means that at the White House, they're casually going through everybody's phone calls and records."

"It is not looking good for President Obama. Today his teleprompter took the fifth."

"Fox News has changed its slogan from 'Fair and Balanced' to 'See, I told you so!'"

On commencement address: "He told the young graduates their future is bright unless, of course, they want jobs."

On a Chicago man who set a record for riding a Ferris wheel: "The only other way to go around and around in a circle that many times is to read the official report on Benghazi."

On White House claims of ignorance on the scandals: "They took 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' out of the Pentagon and moved it into the White House."

Now the last and I think best.....
    "These White House scandals are not going away anytime soon. It's gotten so bad that people in Kenya are now saying he's 100 percent American."

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't bother with late night "comedians" anymore. They all sound like sound bites from CNN, with a mean streak. As far back as I can remember, the sitting President and congress have been late-night fodder.

Sadly with all the political correctness nowadays, even standup comedians don't have any "material". Soon we'll all be humorless.

3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I expected good things out of Colbert when he took over, as people had told me he was intelligent. After watching him a few times, even before the Trump era, I found him not to be intelligent at all but instead the biggest buffoon on TV. I think Jimmy Kimmel is probably stupider, but I too no longer watch late night talk shows.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

In my opinion nobody will ever again rise to the level Johnny Carson brought late night entertainment. Agreed not much there today. Although i do watch occasionally watch Saturday Night Live.

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A little off topic but that’s one other thing to add to Obama’s legacy: the word, “stupider”. Even spell and grammar check will not bother with it.

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

I thought Jay Leno had become bitter before his show went off. He would use the word "wh*re" pretty often.

Stephen Colbert doesn't have a monologue. Instead, he endlessly rants about Trump.

Kimmel used to show video of parents pulling mean tricks on their kids at Christmas, wrapping things that weren't gifts in Christmas paper; at Halloween, telling them they had eaten their Halloween candy - enjoying their disappointment, and laughing like the disastrous people they are, on national tv.

The rule seems to be, "If you can't be funny, be mean."

Comics have always joked about politicians. Most take it to every extreme now, not having any other material.

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I suspect Leno WAS bitter. He was at the top of the ratings and being pushed out for politically correct reasons. He is now a part of Last Man Standing, so, while being a life-long Liberal, he may have converted. He and Tim Allen have been friends since the days they were both stand-up comics. Jay's wife is an extreme liberal, so he can't go too far.

Emma Smith likes this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Okay, "more stupid" might have been better, but stupider gets the point across.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Your OP has no link to the source. What right-wing origins does it have as I'm sure it does. Any comments from Jay himself directly pertaining to this? Link, please.

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I have no source, and therefore I have no idea of truth of it. It was just a statement that it was something I suspected at the time it was happening. I don't recall any other instances when someone at the top of the ratings being removed. It is just a suspicion, not a fact as far as I know. I had noticed that Leno had become freer in his criticism of Obama and treated him just as he had treated other presidents. There was another difference, however, in that Leno genially criticized the BEHAVIOR of Democratic presidents and the POLICIES of Republican presidents. He has begun to be critical of the policies of the Obama administration, and was treating Obama in a similar manner to the way he treated Republicans.

11. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska He is now a part of Last Man Standing

OT I like the characters - a very wholesome show. Glad it got picked up by Fox after ABC dropped it. Loved the show where Tim Allen's character's father died.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

You're forgetting something, Don. Obama has a great sense of humor and laughs easily, unlike the current crank in the White House who I've never seen laugh, who looks in pain when he infrequently smiles and threatens to sue comedians. For proof of what I'm saying one only need look at all the White House Correspondents' Dinners Obama attended and how he laughed as the host comics made fun of him; how, when it was his turn to speak, he easily made fun of himself. I never heard of Obama claiming any racist attacks on him, personally, ever. These remarks I'm making have nothing to do with the quality of the Obama Presidency, only on his sense of humor, play and fun, of which there are many examples.

I traced your story to two sources: TruthorFiction.com (TruthOrFiction.com does not primarily provide fact-checking about current events....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TruthOrFiction.com) and "myrightwingdad" blogspot.

Truth or Fiction is not necessarily right wing but exists to display claims, not check veracity. "myrightwingdad" speaks for itself.

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

ROFL! That's because the media pretends that his jokes are serious, and you buy into it.

Al Amoling, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered