I Am Getting An Apple Watch!

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

My daughter loves it and she has a Rolex that she used to wear to work but now she says she prefers wearing her Iwatch and feels bad about the expensive Rolex her hubby got her since she never wears it anymore.

She still tries to put out it on when they go to the country club but she feels lost without her iwatch.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Just another thing that I thought of that is awesome........ the watch has an SOS built in. Suppose you fell and could not get up, or were in a car accident, or just about any other emergency. Simply by pressing and holding the side button on the watch, it will call 911 for you, and if you program another emergency number, it will call that person as well.
    I was just thinking about this feature yesterday when @Ina I. Wonder was talking to me about installing one of those 2-way radio intercom systems in every room of her house in case she falls. She said that she has to be able to get to the unit to call for help, and then her grandson can hear it from his room and come to help her.
    This should work fine for her, I would think; but with the Apple Watch, it is always right there on your wrist when you need to call for help.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Just an update on how I am getting along with the Apple Watch.
    The longer I have it, the more I like it! I am actually getting mor exercise since I wear the watch, because it keeps me focused on getting my “rings” closed each day.
    One ring shows how many calories you are burning, another shows the time you spend in active exercise, and the third one reminds me to get up for a few mintues and walk around at least once an hour.
    At first, I was afraid to wear the watch when I was swimming, but when Robin and I were at the ocean at Cocoa Beach (in Florida) and I got towed under and fell into the ocean (not deep, thankfully), I learned that I would not drown the watch if it did get wet. So, the rest of that vacation week, I wore the watch when I was swimming in the pool at the hotel each day.
    Now, I always wear the watch when I am swimming at the fitness center, and it tracks my laps in the pool. I was swimming about 1/4 mile at first, but I have been pushing myself harder, and today I swam almost a half mile; so you know that I am going to be cutting short the hot tub time, and spend longer swimming so I can break that record.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Well, I don't approve, so there.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Moderator Registered

Oh, dear....... Please don’t ban me !
    What is it that you don’t approve ? The watch ? The Swimming ? Falling into the ocean, maybe ? (I am fine with you not approving of that part, by the way)
    Maybe, it is the exercise you don’t approve of ?

Since I am not going to stop any of these things (except for falling in the ocean), I guess I will have to do it in secret and not report it to everyone....... will that work ?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Greeter
    Moderator Registered

The next episode of Apple Watch in our lives.
    Since I love having my Apple Watch so much, we are getting one for Bobby next. A while back, Robin gave us a gft that we could not use, and I turned it back in to Best Buy for a gift card.
    Today, we went to Best Buy and ordered one of the refurbished watches for Bobby , and he should have it in a couple more days. I am sure that it will grow on him just like it did with me, and in a week or so, he can make his own addition to this thread.

I will also warn @Bobby Cole that @Ken Anderson doesn’t approve; so he will have to be careful about that, too.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Registered

Although I do not know much about your wife other than what she writes, I think SHE will approve and that trumps your opinion. So there..…………...

Ken Anderson likes this.