I Am New Here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Hannah Davis, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

There didn't seem to be a forum where I could introduce myself so I decided to do it here. I just signed up for this forum because well truth be told I just joined the club last month. I turned 50 one month to this very day. The irony is this is just a number because I have already been dealing with some of the issues that are discuessed on this forum from what I can see. But I guess I can understand the rule being 50 or over to join this forum,.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Welcome, Hannah.
    I think we have all looked for an introductions sub-forum, and ended up just posting some kind of an introductory thread some place or another, so this is as good of a place as any other.
    Probably, if we all ganged up on Mr. Admin, he would put us in an introduction subforum; but he is a pretty nice guy, so we don't usually gang up on him.
    Besides, he has to keep everything in pairs, so we would also have to come up with some other sub-topic that was compatible, and who knows what THAT would be ? ?
    Glad to have you with us in the forum. It is a friendly place and lots of catagories to post in; so I believe that you will like it also.

3. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome Hannah, both to the forum and to the 50+ club. For some reason that birthday seems to freak people out, but for me, I don't feel any different! My mother used to always tell me, after turning 60, that she was shocked every time she looked in the mirror and saw this old woman looking back at her. She still felt like she did in her 30s, and the 60 year old face didn't seem to belong to her.

We're glad to have you and look forward to talking with you and hearing what you have to say.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I didn't include an intro forum because, on most forums, they are not particularly productive. People announce their arrival without actually introducing themselves, and others reply without saying anything. I'd rather people be introduced to others as they join a conversation, like you did. Plus, there is a personal diary section where people can tell others about themselves.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Hannah, Welcome aboard. I've seen you posting in some of the threads, any may have answered, as well. This is a nice laid back forum, and there are quite a few areas to post in, as you've probably already found. Oh, and belated Happy Birthday! :)

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello Hannah, and welcome to the Club! My Dad used to say "When a man reaches 50...he's only half a buck"! ;) You're right though, it is only a number. Hope you feel at home here.

7. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome Hannah! I am sure that you will find this a great forum to be a part of! Everybody here is friendly and, believe it or not, we all get along. We may not agree with each other at times, but we know the word respect! LOL, I should hope so, we are old enough!

8. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Hannah! BTW, you are but a spring chicken to at least one of us on this forum. :D I absolutely love it here! There are some of the MOST interesting folks I've ever talked to. I hope you feel at home!

Terry Page and Richard Paradon like this.
  9. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

Hello everyone..Ken N Tx is what I go by on other Forums..I am retired and from Texas..
    a49ba79335997e4229eb8f2e1c73c1c4.jpg

Terry Page and Ike Willis like this.
  10. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning Ken! I'm so glad you joined us. I've been enjoying your posts. Keep on keepin' on. And of course Hannah too but you've been here a while now. :)

11. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

G'Day everyone.. I am Steve and I just joined this forum.. I live in the far north of Ontario, Canada.. No shortage of snow or below freezing so far this season..
    Looking forward to posting and joining the "family" on here..
    I don't spend the day on the computer but I do come on almost every night at bedtime for a while..
    Thanks ..........
    Steve North ..................

Holly Saunders and Joe Riley like this.
  12. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome @Steve North

13. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning Steve. I'm glad you've come to join us.
    Drop by the Hi-Goodbye Coffee Cafe for a doughnut, coffee, and conversation with friends (under Happy Talk topic)

14. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks guys..
    I will drop by for coffee but later on as I MUST get back to sleep.. It is still early in the morning for me.. I don't usually get out of bed till around 11:00am..
    Don't get to bed till after 2:00am or later.. I am a night owl and not an early bird..

Why am I up at this hour ?? That's another story .......

Joe Riley likes this.
  15. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Steve! Welcome to the crazy! :D It's good to have you with us.