I Don't Know The Problem, Feeling Light-headed And Dizzy

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bill Boggs, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

... but for the past coupe of weeks I have been light-headed, some time dizzy, but mostly light-headed and
    my vision seems slightly out of focus.

I have needed to go to the library and to the grocery store but my walk is unsteady. I'm not always this way whe sitting or lying but wbhen I stand up, always, these past couple of weeks. This has been it seems an reoccurring problem. It also happens when sitting some of the time as now, here typing. I lay down and take a nap and I feel better but my woozyness does not necessarily go away. It is beginning to vecome very annoying. I've got things to do but when I'm this way sitting, I'm relunctant to drive. For a long time now there
    is fifteen to twenty points difference in my blood pressure when taken sitting, then standing. What ever the problem and I don't know what it is, I'm tired of it. I have places to go, people to see, things to do. I need to be busy.

Micki Pembroke and Bess Barber like this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill, are you diabetic? Sometimes high or low blood glucose can cause those symptoms. (Of course, many other possible causes as well.)

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes...your place is to the doctor. Or at least call doctor and let them decide.

Micki Pembroke and Von Jones like this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

What Meds do you take Bill? Starting or stopping a prescription might be the culprit.

5. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Gloria Mitchell and @Lon Tanner: Doctor is aware. My VA medical people say my heart is not pumping enough blood to my brain when I stand. They don'ts anything that can be done for this condition. They have decreased some medications and added one. I'm taking Pantoprazole daily, 40 MG for stomach pain and regurgitation. Taking a 5 MG Prednisone daily. Taking
    1/2 Atorvastatin, 10MG or 5 MG, plus vitamin B-12, vitamin D, and my mainmed, Spiriva18 mcg, plus budesonide or Symbicort, daily. Nothing special.

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Had to ask my son to buy groceries for us and return library books. I hated to asked him because I know he's a busy guy. I wanted to wait until feeling better, not wanting to drive as I am. Roommate insisted I not go. And I really did not feel like going bute to be an imposition on someone else. Most often while sitting I'm clear headed, vision okay. Sometime not.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I hope you feel better soon, Bill. You might consider a local grocery store delivery service, and if you have an e-reader of some type you can electronically "check out" many books from the library without leaving the house. (Of course, that doesn't help you return the books you already have. :D)

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Beth Gallagher, the only grocer delivering closed last year. My regular grocer will pull your order and chold it for your pickup. Walmart delivers in some stores but not here. At the moment no grocer delivers. I'm sure I'll be over this malaise soon. And yes I am a diabetic. That's what I'm taking Metformin for. Every time I've gone to the hospital they give me insulin shots while there. But i don't take insulin at home.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with @Gloria Mitchell though the symptoms remind me of an ear infection or wax impaction.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Registered

How far do you have to travel to a VA Cardiologist?

11. Bill Boggs

Registered

It's a fifty mile round trip. But at my age I don't want VA doctors messing with my heart.

12. Lon Tanner

Registered

I don't blame you. You mentioned the VA medical people in one of your posts and I thought your Cardiologist was a VA doc.

13. Bill Boggs

Registered

I had a heart attack and went to the VA hospital. I had a lady Cardiologist. I needed two splints they said,
    but decided not to get them after listening to the surgeon to his helpers. I refused them and decided to try medication.
    So far the medication has worked and I don't regret my decision considering the circumstances. It'll catch
    up with me one of these days, I'm sure.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Bill, do you have a glucose meter, and do you check your sugar regularly? As you can see from the responses, there can be a number of reasons for being light-headed. My particular experience has been that low blood sugar makes me a little woozy. I hope you feel better soon.

15. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks. Blood sugar running around 140. A1C about 10. But at my age not too bad.