I Don't Want To Read What The Press Writes That Trump Said

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I want to hear him myself. How about you?

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I want to see both, Lou.

3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't listen to the national news anymore, just local. All I care about is the weather and what's for supper.

4. Lon Tanner

Registered

He has been totally supportive with all the military. He was I believe referring to soldiers that had LOST a particular battle and were SUCKERED into it by the enemy. The Press as usual had a field day with this

5. Lon Tanner

Registered

Common Sense tells me the comment was made at a place where Allied Troops had lost a particular battle after being tricked into the battle. There is nothing in Trumps backround that would indicate that he has anything less than respect and support of the military I take the same liberties as the PRESS with interpretation.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You gotta hand it to the guy. He has a way of making people show their true colors.

The media hate him because (a) he is not dependent upon them for his success, and (b) the Left used to love hanging with him when he was the deal-maker, and he knows them well enough to know they deserve his disgust.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

What you are quoting is NOT anything that the president ever actually said.
    This started from an article in the Atlantic magazine, which has since been well discredited by people who were actually there with President Trump at the time that he supposedly made the remarks.

President Trump cares more about our troops than any president has for many years, @Lon Tanner , and I am surprised that you would quote such a disgusting lie here, and not even have done your research to see that it was not factual.

Even John Bolton, who just wrote a book criticizing the president, said that Trump never said what was printed in the Atlantic, and then repeated in the fake media news, like CNN.

The incident that is being referred to happened when President Trump was scheduled to be somewhere , but the weather was too bad for him to fly there, and the trip was cancelled.
    It is all over the news that the Atlantic printed a falsehood, and are now trying to backtrack out of the lies that they printed.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    Tom Galty likes this.
  8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

In fact, John Bolton has supposed said that he would have had an entire chapter in his book if in fact those words were used.

9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I think Lon was defending the guy, and just made a bad assumption on the scenario underlying the lies.

Beth Gallagher and Lon Tanner like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

That might be, but it was not a very good title that he used for the thread, and he could have checked to see if it were even true before posting this sleezy lie as the truth.
    It is his right to watch whatever fake news he wants.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...john-kelly-denies-atlantic-story-about-trump/

05060967-10B8-4F9C-A94A-B3C217EECAA1.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  11. Lon Tanner

Registered

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

That self-same Atlantic magazine was started in the 1800s as an anti-slavery magazine. It featured works by northern abolitionists. Frederick Douglas wrote for them.
    Whatever their noble origins, something strange has happened with their ownership and/or management in the past few decades. In their online version they'd limit your access to articles. I paid a small fee for temporary unlimited access - something like 1.99 or 3.99. I wouldn't have paid more, I can't afford it. I then saw where they'd charged my card something like 29.99 for a six month subscription. I disputed it and it was refunded right away. Not only have they become politically and intellectually dishonest, they've seemingly become financially dishonest as well.
    I seek opinion from several left or progressive sources, in addition to my more conservative sources. For instance, I still listen to Amy Goodman on Democracy Now everyday. I want to hear what everyone thinks. The Atlantic used to be one of those left-leaning sources. No longer.
    Because of similar things I no longer think of myself as progressive or left-leaning. I've come to dislike the association of 'leftist' with Marxism. They really did not used to mean the same thing. Left did not automatically mean radical left.
    The term 'populist' isn't adequate for my political and economic viewpoint, but it will have to do for now.
    We are undergoing the reduction of language and its loss of meaning described in the novel 1984.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  13. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don't know if he said it or not. Eventually the truth will come out.

I have to say that if I find its true, I'll have to change my vote this fall.

I have numerous cousins and uncles who have fought in the army. I won't go into detail, but my oldest uncle died on the way to Europe (Japanese sub torpedo), oldest 1st cousin landed on Omaha Beach (I talked to him at a reunion 15 yr ago, and he said the 1st 5 min of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" was accurate if "multiplied by 5" - his exact words), another uncle survived the Battle of the Bulge").

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Do you remember how Trump was ridiculed and criticized as xenophobic when he warned against the use of Tik-Tok? Now whoever is pulling the puppet strings in the Biden Administration is warning about Tik-Tok.

15. Steven Stanick

Steven Stanick Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"Bone spurs doc, at least that's what my daddy told me to tell you to tell the draft board."
    "I like heroes that don't get caught." (Referring to John McCain)
    -Donald J. Trump