I Frequently Wonder Why A Person Chooses An Avatar

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Ina I. Wonder, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

How about you? Do you ever see an avatar, and wonder why someone chose that particular avatar. I do all the time. Some are thought provoking, funny, sweet, weird, and some are just mystifying. Some people change their avatars regularly, and some keep the same one forever.

I change my avatar according to how I feel, sometimes it's about what or who I'm thinking about. Many times my avatars are a good reflection of my state of mind. So of course I "wonder" just what is behind a person's particular choice.

Why do you choose your avatar or avatars?

Holly Saunders and Tim Burr like this.
  2. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

I also enjoy choosing an Avatar when the mood strikes.

A painting, an old picture or object from a fun or special time in my life, or maybe something only I know about me.

It's fun to see what others come up with.

Mix it up I say, no need to be a 'stick in the mud'...

Hedi Mitchell and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

My avatar is me at my retirement reception two years ago. I think it's nice to see the face of a person we're chatting with. I wish everybody would use their picture.I usually change my avatar for holidays.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sometimes mine is a picture of me, at whatever age between right now and when I was a kid. Sometimes, it just reflects a mood, or even just a picture that I like, or because of a holiday season. At Christmas, I almost always use my little picture of Chipper with the Santa Claus hat, just because it fits with the holiday, and I love that picture of him.
    It IS nice to see a face when we visit together; but I think that even something that represents us, like Chrissy's angel avatar, or mine with the lavender hair, are fine as well.
    I like to change it when I find something that I like; so it usually is different fairly often, or just because I got tired of the one I was using. The same thing with my signature. Every so often, I run across something that speaks to me, or sometimes, I just go hunting for a different one.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I to change mine...mood changes I guess. I recently changed to actual picture of me from earlier this year . I to like see actual faces once in awhile....feel like we can relate better . Lolol an then there are those who....let just leave it that
    ..shall we:p

6. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Mostly when I choose an avatar, it usually has significance to whatever I am first thinking of shortly after waking. Such as this morning. Today was my monthly doctor's visit, so at 7:00 am I turned the TV on for the weather report. And one of the anchors told a funny, and so I was laughing before I was awake five minutes.

Well this avatar was from the last time I was in a comedy club. Michael and I were able to go curtesy of the city of Houston's employee reward program. So we got to laugh a lot, and I enjoyed the fact that it was at no cost to us. Michael was 45, and I 35.

Great memory! :)

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Okay, I am changing mine to a happy time picture, too, @Ina I. Wonder . This cowgirl picture was just before I met Bobby, and I was 57, and living up in my little trailer in Idaho near Bonners Ferry. I loved it there, and I had my milk goat, llama, horses, dogs, cats, and various other critters that i took care of and loved. I was living on the same property that my folks lived on when I was born, and I felt like I was one with the land there.
    I was delivering the little local online/print newspaper and sold ads for that in several nearby counties; but I could pretty much set my own hours as long as i got the job done. Some days I worked long hours, some days I went horseback riding with my friend , Gib, who lived out near the river, and had miles of wonderful mountain trails to ride on.
    By then, I had both power and water; so I didn't have to pack water home in the 55 gallon barrels anymore, and life was pretty smooth for the first time in a whole lot of years. I was happy.

8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I found my avatar recently and I will stick with this little gal
    The Cheetah is my favourite big cat, I associate with them and absolutely adore them, seeing them makes
    me very happy :)

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Like that picture!

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Me too - real nice

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Hmmmmmm?

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

That's sensible.

13. Bill Boggs

Registered

I like to look at who I'm talking to also but I understand the need for change (holidays, seasons, moods) Having heard all this, I'm going back to my other photo.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

When I change my angel avatar I get requests to put it back. :)

Kind of insulting, lol.

I'm not talking about on this forum. :)

15. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Bill Boggs , I like your face. I known you for a few years now, and I was happy to be able to put a face to your gentle soul. :) :p

Yvonne Smith likes this.