I Hate Living In California

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Denise Evans, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

..but so far I haven't found another place to go. This was upsetting to read and I had to come here to post about it.

I keep saying how unbelievable things are getting, but I really hadn't seen this latest on what Newsom is doing for America. This guy wants to be President btw :mad:

What he would not do for citizens that are homeless, as well as our veterans, he is doing for illegals:

https://www.texaspolicy.com/gavin-n...mmigrants-and-taxpayers-could-be-on-the-hook/

2. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yup. We lived in California for decades. It was wonderful. And, from what I read (I don't know since we left over a decade ago), it is not wonderful now. I am so sad to hear it.

It's obvious that Newsome wants to be President. What a ____.

Mary Stetler and John Nopales like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

This is like New World Order stuff he wants, the Universal Health Coverage, and I hear Biden is giving people in other countries citizenship, nothing found yet to back that up but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'll never understand that sort of thinking when there is no dental, and no real medical offered to citizens like me. Born and raised in the U.S., 1952. Our Veterans, even on the streets here have nothing but some pill pushing or they have to go 300, miles to get any help. How does a homeless veteran do that? But yet alien invaders come here and get the biden handouts, and California's. Now I see why so many of the wealthy moved to Texas and other places like Nevada. Probably democrats themselves that were all for open-borders until they became affected by it.

John Nopales and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was there for 12 years. I liked it, but I was in my teens when I moved there, and that was in the 1970s. By the time I reached my late 20s, I was glad to leave.

Denise Evans and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We are seeing almost as many California license plates of those living here in Henderson/Vegas metro as we are Nevada ones. Even though my wife's immediate family, except her brother, live in So. California, we haven't been back to So California since we left in May 2002 and moved to Colorado. One thing for sure, none of her family will ever leave So California.

If it weren't for the northern Colorado winters, that we endured for four years this last time and five years the first time we lived there, we might still be living there. Of course, the word "progress" has taken over a lot of the cities in Colorado and lots and lots of young folks are moving in due to the jobs that are there now. Unfortunately, the young generation has, and still is, changing the look of Colorado.

There are those that totally love any part of California and, of course, those that no longer like it at all.

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Unfortunately, they move to escape the mess they made (and voted for) bringing their ridiculous liberal ideas with them. All the large metro areas in Texas are BLUE now, thanks to CA "immigrants" moving here to take advantage of Texas tax laws, etc. They ran from the damn mess they created and want to make the same MESS in Texas. :mad:

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

That's exactly what we've heard/read also.

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  8. Jenna Parnellson

Registered

I know what you mean. Just to clarify, we were never liberals nor "progressives", so we simply escaped the whole mess. Been gone for 15 years now.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

May be a lot more, at least folks that don't want open-borders, and brand new US Citizens that have never set foot on US soil. The only thing I can think of is to move to a State so Red it will never go blue. I already know the States I might choose if I had the ways and means to move all the way there. I could probably at least have enough time to live out my days around people that are still for our laws and Constitution.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Grocery stores have been fleeing "Under Served" communities because of unchecked crime.
    San Franscisco just passed a law stating that citizens can sue businesses who leave them if it's done without 6 month's notice.

Link

Denise Evans and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Jenna Parnellson

Registered

'Tis very sad. These are crazy times there.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

this doesn't surprise either since all the crooks who haven't been so bold are stepping up now when they see how many laws can be broken without any punishment at all. Also in California I read something, it may be in that same article, that California is making a way that illegals , or as their called here popularly, undocumented migrants. Pretty sure that means the same, damn thing. ILLEGAL:mad::mad::mad:

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Welllll, you were supposed to die during covid. Probably the reason for the shots.
    The illegals came in, hairy and unwashed, unvaxxed, unmasked; put on planes in close groups without being stopped by TSA...

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I want to go to the Dancing Rabbit community in Missouri.:rolleyes:

Marie Mallery and Denise Evans like this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

I got to almost any, southern State if I could. I'd have to check it out good though because the infestation is spreading like wildfire. Any place good, really good would probably stay secret, at least for now ;)