I Just Realized, I Have No Hobbies

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Carol Cook, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica I experienced severe vertigo after an unexplained blackout in October last year , it was terrible ..I could not lay down,get up ,turn over in bed ,and the list go's on every time I moved the room was spinning ,and with it feeling as you mentioned ,sick in the stomach
    My GP mentioned trying Eplyey Manoeuvre ...I'd never heard of it .you can preform it your self or have a chiropractor preform it for you ,which I did ..(no bone crunching ) :) I had one treatment and it disappeared
    When I entered the ciro's office I could not walk in a straight line ...I walked out of there completely free of the issue which I had for 5 months ..I have suffered with dizziness on and off most of my adult life ,however the one I was suffering was devastating on my social life/ home life I had to hang onto furniture to walk from room to room ..I seen my GP a couple of days ago he said he to has had the problem he is 54 ..He mentioned it can return again as its caused by the inner ear ,however it normally only requires further Eplyey treatment ,which works for MOST ..I looked the manoeuvre up on net and printed out the instructions :)
    I'd tried a variety of meds for vertigo and they did nothing the relieve the issue

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. Carol Cook

Carol Cook Veteran Member
    Registered

Looks like I have a little part time job... I'm going back to my old position 2 days a week as a "private contractor" of sorts.. They apparently are having a very hard time finding a qualified replacement.. and I have agreed to come in on Monday and Tuesday to help until they can. It sort of makes me feel good... and the best part is I am not obligated to give them those days.. I can come in if I want.. or NOT come in. So I'm not tied to the job. Fortunately I loved my job and loved the people I worked with so this is a good thing. Plus the money being offered is not shabby.. I normally don't talk about money.. and it's really kind of tacky... but geez... close to $45 bucks an hour is huge.. Where else can a retired old lady make that kind of bread for working just 16 hours a week?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Andie Nuckels

Andie Nuckels Veteran Member
    Registered

Congratulations Carol! I retired in October and was just in touch with my former employer about coming back one day a week as a temp employee. It sounds like you have a great setup there, especially since you are not obligated to come in. I too loved my job and the people, so the thought of coming back on an extremely part time basis with no strings attached is very appealing. And having a little extra spending money is always nice. Good luck to you.

Carol Cook likes this.
  4. Andie Nuckels

Andie Nuckels Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Carol Cook

Carol Cook Veteran Member
    Registered

I think it's a sweet deal... Plus, once they fill my old position, I can then work to fill in a week here and a week there to cover for vacations or illnesses... Plus.. I can say yes or no to that too!!! It's a win/win in my book.

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Ms Cook, One shouldn't be pressured to find a hobby. I would think the purpose of a hobby might be to release any pressure and stress in our lives while totally relaxing and enjoying said hobby. I have been asked this same question myself. After a while I began to reply, "I'm a golfer," even though I can no longer. Then they want to know what I shoot. I tell them I'm embarrassed to say or, I'm a duffer. Or you could say, I'm thinking about bowling or joining a quilt club, or make up, some funny story or anything your imagination can dream up. Anything to relieve the pressure. Or maybe you've already hit onto something. Cheers.