I Think I'm Pregnant

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For the past few days, I have been waking up with an upset stomach, one where I feel like I could maybe throw up, but I don't. If I eat breakfast, it gets worse, but not a lot worse. Otherwise, I forget about it for a few hours, and then realize that it has gone away.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Weird...I never ever throw up or even feel like I might but the other day after my pulse was 102 at night when I woke up I felt like I could throw up but then it went away after a few minutes.

Maybe you have a mild bug.

That's going around.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Fatty liver perhaps? Try not eating anything late at night...and then eating something fat free in the morning and see if it improves

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe a hiatal hernia?

I can think of some funny replies to this thread but discretion bids me no. :D

Bill Boggs likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

A minor stomach ulcer can cause such queasy symptoms. Agree with the other suggestions: cut fats, heavy foods containing sugar and fat, see what happens. Drink milk. When I was a kid, my dad was experiencing severe stomach distress. Our old family doctor had x-rays done, told him, "Sanoica, you have a pre-ulcerous" stomach. Seen in many smokers. Quite the cigarettes and eat no solid food as long as you can stand it, drinking as much milk as possible. He did that, the stomach trouble disappeared, no meds.
    Frank

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I've experienced an upset stomach a few hours after eating and took Pepto Bismol. Done some research online about the "digestive system" and turns out there is a nerve in the stomach, that due to age, doesn't turn on the digestive enzymes that are needed to digest food properly. Also read that, if this nerve is functioning correctly, the digestive enzymes don't work as good as they did in earlier age.

We wound up buying Digestive Gold w/probiotics. A person takes the capsule while eating and it replaces digestive enzymes that no longer are working the way they should. Was told that this product is much easier on stomach digestion than continually taking Pepto Bismol.

One other thing.........it can be hard to figure out whether an upset stomach is from bad digestion or a touch of stomach flu. My stomach pain has cleared up by taking Pepto, but other times I've taken one of my 800mg ibuprofen and it cleared up, and then there have been times that I've taken an OTC Cold/Flu capsule and it cleared it up.

Bill Boggs and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Start eating some plain yogurt @Ken Anderson...you can add some banana slices to it. In a few days it should make a difference.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So that helps with a pregnancy?

9. Shirley Martin

Registered

Sleeping with a banana between your knees will prevent pregnancy. ;):)

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Shirley Martin
    Reminds me of the joke about the Gynecologist who came homeat the end of the day, and was asked by his wife, "Did you have a rough day down at the orifice"?

Shirley Martin likes this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Registered

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If you're pregnant Ken nothing will help that! :eek: But if the balance in your digestive system is off and making these problems for you, then yogurt often does help that.

And if you are pregnant you won't be able to claim an immaculate conception, because our God doesn't make men pregnant. On the other hand satan does everything the opposite of God...so maybe you can blame your pregnancy on him! :D:p

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Gas? I've woken up with gas in the morning. Chew two Gax-X and it's gone in a minute. I always have them in the house.

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

Frank Sanoica and Ken Anderson like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Since you are God fearing man, I trust you will go ahead and have it rather than the alternative procedure than some people in the same predicament would choose.

Now, down to business. May I drop my name in the hat for PR manager shortly before the blessed event?