I Told You So!

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Ina I. Wonder, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Did you ever get to tell your kids, "I told you so." I just had a memory of an example of this dreaded saying that all of us hate to hear.

When my youngest son first got into getting tattoos, I hated them, but I held my tongue except to tell him that I didn't want to see 'Mom' anywhere on him. So, what does he do? Sometime in 2001, he put INA on his upper arm. Then about six months later, we get a call from him, he is in jail, and scared. It seemed as if a policeman thought the letters stood for International Nazi Association.

I had to take my birth certificate and driver's license up to the jail to prove that it was my name. They thought he was a terrorist. He never removed the tatoo, but he did carry a copy of his birth certificate to show both of our names.

As soon as the police released him, and he saw my face, he started saying, " I know, I know, I know. So I didn't say it.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's funny, Ina....wasnt at the time though I'm sure.

Here are some other things INA can stand for....

OrganizationsEdit

3. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Chrissy, as soon as I heard him tell me on the phone, I started laughing. I even teased him about leaveing him in jail until the next day. Of course at the time I didn't understand just how serious the police were taken that kind of thing. I laughed for a good while on that one, and young Michael even started to tell the tale, after two or three years.

I guess my name just wasn't meant to be an acronym. A couple were alright, but the rest could be as much trouble as International Nazi Association.

Did you ever get to say, "I told you so." to anyone, and was it funny.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll have to think about that one, Ina....the "I told you so" probably many time to my husband but dont remember any being funny. If I do, I'll get back to you! :)

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:It is a sad thing when today you get hauled into jail because of a tat, though the tat could mean a terrorist group, still it's a tat! I understand and it is sometimes best not said and the look you must have given him must have said it all with the way your son spoke to you. Like you my Mom is right all the time too. We kids sometimes have to learn the hard way. Like now, I'm on a dating site, a scammer used another man's name and tried to court me. I thought it was funny that an e-mail ago he seemed not to answer some poignant questions, then he whammed me with asking for money. My Mom said the other day I don't believe him when I spoke to her about him. She was right like you are right and your son and I say, I know, I know, I know! My Mom is 89 and I live with her. I'm a senior citizen already and like your son, I know, I know, I know...thanks for the refreshing posting. :confused:

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Krissttina Isobe, It was a good memory, and I know I need to start letting the good come back into my thoughts, maybe my heart will follow. I just have to remember I can't live in my memories.

I remember going through the, 'I know, I know.', stage well myself, Makes you wonder how many around us got to have a giggle or two when we learned a few of our life lessons.

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't recall any ''I told you so '' moments... but perhaps others might....

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I can remember telling my kids if they pulled on the cat's tail he was going to either try to bite them or scratch them. They usually did it anyway and I always said "I told you so" when that happened. I sometimes have some of those "I told you so" moments with my Honey too. :)

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The Mother of all the "I Told You So's"......:eek:

[​IMG]

Don Alaska and Nancy Hart like this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Song for Ina

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Awww Joe, I got a big lump in my throat listening to that. I hope Ina wherever she is, is listening...

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  12. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I bought my mother a tea towel that said, "OMG! Mom was right!"

She keeps it prominently displayed in the kitchen. She won't use it because she wants to keep it fresh so we can read it every time we come by.....LOL.

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

The T-Shirt is next!

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Randy Travis - I Told You So
    Watch on Youtube

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Nancy Hart