If You Have a Blog Which Do You Prefer : Blogger or Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Helene Lawson, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

In my opinion Blogger is way better and I usually use Blogger instead of Wordpress, because it's easier in use and everything is clear too me, not like in Wordpress.

How about all of you blog owners, which do you prefer?

2. Teresita Campaner

Teresita Campaner Veteran Member
    Registered

I like Blogger because it was on that site that i learned to create a free blog. I also tried Wordpress and I think their plugins are what gave them an edge over Blogger but I still go back to Blogger for sentimental reasons.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

All that i have ever used is the Google Blogspot, and it is pretty simple and works fine for what I need it to do. My blog is basically just stories from when I was growing up, or when my children were little, and even ones that my mom or dad told me when I was little; so I only need a place to write on it and add pictures when I have an appropriate one.
    Even thoug it is pretty easy this is still a fairly new experience for me; so I am still learning how it works.

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I use blogspot. I could never make Wordpress work the way I wanted it to work.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you have a blog that you want to share; you can add the link at the bottom of your posts (like I did) in the signature space.
    Then, anyone who wants to look, can read it , Bill.
    I am sure that we would enjoy reading some of your short stories if you want to post them here as well. We have several sub-forums (or whatever they are called ?) that will work. There is a place for a diary, plus the tall-tales, and the happy stories, as well as the writing sub-forum.
    So, share away to your heart's content !

Admin likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Mine is such a simpleton's blog I might be embarrassed to know anyone here was reading it, but I will consider.

7. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I have never actually used Blogger but I know someone who has and they do prefer it to Wordpress as well. I have used Wordpress a few times. I was less then impressed with it. It was kind of hard to figure out how to do certain things such as downloading a picture. Another thing that I wasn't too thrilled about with it, was that it was hard to figure out if your blog was actually submitted since it didn't look like it went anywhere and was still in text. I guess this is the way the program is but I don't actually like that feature.

8. Subrata Choudhury

Subrata Choudhury Veteran Member
    Registered

Although a lot of people prefer Wordpress, I think I would go for 'Blogger' any time. Posting in Blogger is much easier than in Wordpress, at least that's what I felt. May be that's because my knowledge about handling blog sites is poor. But I tried both and found that handling Blogger is much much easier than handling Wordpress

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I am set up on Wordpress because I can get my own domain name for the site.

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

Blogger. I've tried several times to set up something I wanted on Word Press. The tiny thing I got was lost in the jungle of ads the deep brush of not knowing what I was doing and lost in that no help was available. Yet I read beautiful, well organized Word Press blogs.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

If I would have to choose between Blogger and WordPress hosted services, i would choose none of them.

Blogger always seems a better option than WordPress, and is really when it comes to hosted blogging solutions, but for a serious blogger this shouldn't be the best option because Google controls bloggers by limiting their options and imposing what Google wants for them to have.

By using blogger you turn Google dependent and have to wait for it to get things done. In example; if you start today a blog and you don't have an AdSense account, they will suggest to get one to start making money. You said to yourself "yes, let`s get it" but happens that you won't be allowed to include in your blog until it is at least six months old and has enough (and suitable content.)

If you would setup your blog elsewhere, you could add immediately Adsense or any other revenues source EXCEPT if your choice was a WordPress hosted blog.

WordPress is more picky than Google, says to give you control as they say, but they are not giving you full control because they want you to buy hosting from them, which is pretty expensive if compared to run your own blog hosting it yourself elsewhere.

Hosted WordPress DOES NOT allow you make money from your blog, and they reserve the right to delete your blog anytime, at their sole discretion and WITHOUT any warning, so you may end up losing all your work for whatever insane reason they have to delete you, which might not necessarily has to be related to their terms of use.

WordPress is probably the best blog publishing system nowadays, but it's only good if you set it up elsewhere, never under wordpress . com. Actually most hosting providers, whether running Linux or Windows servers, have auto-installers that let you install WordPress with one click. Otherwise installing it yourself via FTP is nor rocket science and abide by WP saying; it's a five minute, hassle-free process.

WordPress has countless plugins and themes that make of it a robust software that can be used as blog, forum, social network, ecommerce, portfolio, website or else, but only if you have full control over it, repeat, never under wordpress . com

If too complex to you for your simple blogging needs, there is a plethora of blogging solutions, including much more than all of these:

http://www.opensourcecms.com/scripts/show.php?catid=2&category=Blogs
    https://www.softaculous.com/apps/blogs

12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

......keeping it simple!;)
    [​IMG]

Carlota Clemens and Admin like this.
  13. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Hahaha, I think this is for real; a picture is worth a thousand words, and this summarize and speaks out louder what blogging is, particularly when it comes to comments left, LOL

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  14. Sarah Price

Sarah Price Veteran Member
    Registered

I found Blogger to be more intuitive to use than WP, but the last time I looked at Blogger, most of the tools were starting to be quite outdated and my blog (which I never published) was looking pretty hokey and old-fashioned. I don't think WP is very intuitive and it costs money either flavor you use of it. One could try Drupal, but one would need a host for their blog site (which costs a little bit of money) and I guess if you want more bells and whistles there is more of a learning curve. Still, it's nice to know there are additional options. Joomla is another (free) choice but I guess it's mainly used for sites with checkout carts.

15. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a planned blog and coming out soon with the first publication. I had already checked on both Blogger and Wordpress. Hmm, it's kind of difficult to choose but I guess I will have to pick Blogger... there is someone to tutor me, hahahaaa. My blog, by the way, is about pets and so I am on the lookout for pet lovers, the potential audience of my planned blog.