If You Voted In Person On Election Day, How Long Of A Line Was There?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There was no line in Millinocket. I didn't stand behind a single person. Walked in, voted, and walked out. Millinocket has three lines, based on the letter of the alphabet that your last name starts with. Those who were further down the alphabet had a small line.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I voted early but my sons told me that it was quick in and out when they voted today. I think that so many people voted early that it reduced the wait time today.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

We rarely have much of a line here but there was no line at all today, at least not for the A's, and it's not like anyone else matters, anyhow.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I posted this in the other thread, but we had no wait time. There was a line; but not a really long one; however, anyone over the age of 70, or who was disabled was taken in right away, so we just went on in, and they gave us our voter card and took me to a place where I could sit down to vote. Bobby didn’t even need to get my walker.
    I think that all states should do this for their seniors and handicapped voters.

Bobby Cole and Von Jones like this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I was behind five people waiting for one of two voting machines to open. Both machines were occupied - three people at each machine. I believe it would have moved quicker but out of the six people two needed help.

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

There were a few people in front of me here in a rural part of Virginia...maybe 3. I understand that about 50% already voted via mail in the state and in my county. I hung out and talked with the folks working the place for the Republicans. Also chatted with the Dem guys for a bit. But I always do that every election year.

It was a little brisk and pretty windy. None of the Republican guys were wearing masks. All of the Dems were. I guess both sides could make something of that.

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

They've slipped in yet another run off election here in this county in Georgia, for district attorney, Dec 1st.:rolleyes: Early voting this Tues and Wed. Too late to guarantee an absentee ballot will arrive in time. Looks like I'll have to go in person.

8. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

We were in and out in 15 minutes. I think early and mail in took a lot of pressure off the station. We were numbers 139 and 140 to vote.

9. Nancy Hart

Registered

Just got back from trying to vote early in the Dec 1 runoff here. There were 35 people lined up outside at the place I chose, don't know how many inside, but they weren't moving. Decided to try again tomorrow, or just wait until election day.

I'm surprised. It is just for D.A. of this district, but Stacy Abrams has campaigned a lot for the Democratic candidate. I credit Ms. Abrams for the success in large turn out in Georgia for the Nov 3rd election. I also give credit to the Republican Sec. of State Raffensperger, who has done a good job of making it easy to vote this time. He is already being punished by his own and getting death threats.

The next runoff is Jan 5 for two senators. I'm supposed to get an absentee ballot for that. I expect both races will be rather close, but if I had to bet real money, I bet on both Republicans to win. Maybe Stacy can pull it off again. Who knows.

In addition to having to organize 3 elections this season, they had to recount the Nov 3rd one twice. Once automatically because it was within the 1% margin difference, and again because the Trump folks still asked for another recount. I expect there will be at least one recount for the Senate races in January. The poll workers sure will have worked hard this year.

10. Nancy Hart

Registered

There were only 2 people ahead of me for the 1st runoff at the regular voting place this morning. After Thanksgiving, classes at the university shifted to all online. That explains why the lines were so long at early voting.

First time I got to try the new system. You enter your choices on a computer screen, then it prints out a paper copy, the guy at the desk forces you to check it, and then you run it through a scanner yourself. They keep the paper copies also. This is all good, imo.

I applied for an absentee ballot for the Jan 5th runoff back in April. The My Voter Webpage says the ballot was "issued on Nov 18th", whatever that means, but haven't received it yet. Got another letter today with an another application saying if you applied back in April you have to apply again. :confused: I guess I'll send this application in also. I do NOT want to go in person Jan 5th.

If I get 2 ballots back I'll just vote twice. .. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020