If You Were Given All The Things You Ever Lost

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My mom smoked too and I'm trying to remember what. Think early on it was L&Ms then later multifilter, not sure if that was the name though. A carton was always in the bottom kitchen drawer.

My father wasn't a heavy smoker and he had a cigarette box with some different cigarettes in them. On Sundays he'd smoke a cigar after our meal of Prime Rib and mashed potatoes.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

For me some things I'd like to be found again are my Bishamon Amulet that my Mother got me in Japan. The amulet is silver and has a tiger on the front of it. It came off my necklace that broke with some other amulets I wore that day. I also lost the same way a present of a turquoise cameo from my Aunt that passed a few years back. I usually am a finder of things so when I lost those two things it was so shocking! I also lost an onyx cross with Jesus on it and Saint Benedict on the back too the same way for the chain just broke off. Guess someone else needed it more than I did!

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Do guys also "lose" their virginity? If generally conceded as so, I have a story to tell! Frank

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry...keep your story and your cherry to yourself, and read the OP again...Material possesions only... o_O

5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

"If you were given all the things you ever lost"......is the OP title.

Sorry, Holly, I fail to see how this facetious reference should have so rendered your interpretation as unacceptable. Frank

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Did you not read the original Post frank.
    ..do you just read as far as the title, and not the original opening post (OP) of the thread..?

7. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Please keep it to yourself. That's not what this thread is about!o_O

8. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I have lost more than a single boxful of tools mainly screwdrivers :rolleyes: but the only valuable items are my fathers wrist watch stolen from my fiance at a party (she had borrowed it) my childhood stamp album, got lost on one of my many house moves.
    There must be more but I have forgotten them now. ;)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Hmmmm.......it does take some thought so it's a good thread. Let's see, things that are lost. Not things that are Given away as Frank was so adamant about posting but things lost.

I've had a lifetime of losing things and consider myself a master at doing such but I suppose the most recent thing that I would really like to find again is a knife. My stepdaughter gave me a pocket knife in exchange for a more colorful knife that I had. Hers had a good weight to it and was all chrome steel with the exception of the blade which is a razor. Mine had a plastic handle with metal settings and a razor knife as well but she liked the color and I liked the chrome steel so we traded.
    She still has the one I gave her, but somewhere around the shop or house mine came up missing. I think Tootsie, one of our dogs took it but she won't admit to it. Tootsie was even around when I lost my mind once and she gave it back but she still won't give me back my knife.

10. Ruby Begonia

Registered

What a lovely thought @Krissttina Isobe , that someone needed it more than you did. I want to keep that in mind!

11. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Veteran Member
    Registered

The treasure I lost many years ago won't fit in a box, but I really blew it when through my own stupidity I lost Gina.

12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

I fear it was losing my mind that led me to live in the predicament, in the way I do. Frank

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I was luck in that I lost a collection of prized books in a fire when I was 20. After a boo hoo party, I realized Ihat I shouldn't put such importance on things. Now that didn't stop me from collecting stuff, or of getting attached to it, but it doesn't *hurt* so much now when I do loose something.

But the post asks for one thing, so that would have to be my 1975 Chrysler Córdoba. I purchased the car new for $3,500., and I drove it until 2012 when it was stolen. I still miss that car. It was a big shock going from a 1975 muscle car, (my two sons souped it up), to 2015 KIA.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

A record my mom made when she was in high school. Everyone in her class made a record I believe. It was a heavy 78 speed and she was singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow and also a song she wrote. Since my daughter and granddaughter both sing I would love to have that and make a recording of the 3 of them singing together. I know who stole it from me and I know when she stole it but there was no way to get it back. She stole 3 or 4 boxes of things out of a luggage trailer we had loaded from my mom's house after she died. She also stole a wooden gun rack my older brother made in wood shop in high school and he would love to have that back. All that happened in 1987, I just try not to think about it anymore.

15. Ruby Begonia

Registered

@Linda Binning , I understand the frustration of losing things from a loved one who died. even though they are only things, there are times we just can't help feeling sad.

A recording of her voice seems even more difficult to lose.