Ignore

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica No I didn't change anything as I could find nothing to change. I sent you a pm without difficulty, changing nothing. I haven't answered you yet as I have been pretty busy and having some difficulty getting things done today, bear with me. My shortness of breath is more of a problem today. What I want to say is pretty long for a PM and I was going to have to pare it down or place it in open forum under the Tall Tales and Fabrications maybe. Would you object to that or prefer a PM? Your call.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Frank Sanoica I'll pare it down; no sense in trying to make a story of everything which seems to be my long-winded tendency. I'll get back to you, Amigo.

3. Bill Boggs

Registered

The time is whizzing by so fast I can hardly get anything done.

4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I know a member has me on block ..because it showed up,in a game recently I have never sent abusive PM’s or harrased anyone

;):eek::confused:

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery , I hope you don't mean me, both @May Benot and I were accused of that by Louise the other day...and neither of us has anyone on ignore... it's easy to miss a post on the games, that doesn't mean someone is on ignore..as @Ken Anderson already explained on another thread , even HE can't see who is on ignore, so there's no way anyone else can...

Lois Winters likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Please stop arguing about who is ignoring someone. For one thing, there is no way that you can know that someone is ignoring you, nor can I, so we have to accept when someone says they are not ignoring someone. You can see who you are ignoring but you cannot see who someone else is ignoring, nor can I. Besides, if someone wants to ignore someone, that feature is here for that reason. Unfortunately, there is no way to ignore someone in the rest of the forum, but not in the games section, but it's their business, and not something that's worth arguing about. The games are here to have fun with, and to pass the time with, but they're not worth arguing about.

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs
    Well, now, that all depends on the depth and gravity of what you might reveal. I am usually, myself, pretty careful in a public forum, having heard all the nasty rumor.....
    Frank

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs
    Sort of like the worker spotted sitting around doing nothing: claimed he works so fast he's always finished!:D
    Frank

Bobby Cole and May Benot like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Can the button "ignore" be changed to "contravene" and a sign assigned to it that says "please push"?
    It's a much more pleasant word and it's a sure bet that if something says "push", no one will push it.

10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

If you are ignoring someone, when they make a comment "ignored user" will appear sans comment. It is up to you as to whether you wish to see the comment nor not.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been with this forum since 2015 and see nothing wrong with the forum. Like it or not, in any forum, people have to understand that the thread they do can be-to-is controversial, but that's not all bad.

Anyway, good luck wherever you go.

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

You didn't want any sources that didn't comply with your preconceived sources. I posted news sites and you said they were only opinion and there were no educational sites involved. Typical for the elite to degrade anybody's opinion ion that doesn't line up with yours.

Tom Galty likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Having not read the thread that caused all of the fuss before this, I didn't have the opportunity to intervene. Yes, I can see that you might have felt that you were being attacked. However, you were talking down to other members and using an argument that demanded sources, but then considered legitimate only those sources that agreed with your position. This rarely, if ever, results in a pleasant conversation.

Wherever there is disagreement, there will be politics. You can't get around that, but I hope you find somewhere that better meets your requirements or expectations. If not, you're welcome back anytime you're ready. Thanks for trying us.

14. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

ODD.

I find this site the least Political of any site I belong to..

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

As Ken said the best way to deal with an obnoxious person is to distance oneself from him / her. In a group this is difficult to achieve so, I feel, the best way is no to answer his / her post.

Ken Anderson and Hal Pollner like this.