I'm A Terrorist

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Dwight Ward, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe I should post this under Conspiracies and Paranoia. I went online today to one of those people finder sites, the ones that give you snippets of information about a person and then want a lot of money for the whole story. I put my own name into the search. I was looking for a particular piece of information that should have been easy to find.

This site went into a long song and dance and searched every possible public source for information about me. It compiled a full report. Of of course to see it I'd have to pay.

I expected all that. What I didn't expect were the tantalizing hints along the way about what was contained in the full report.

The federal government maintains a list of names of people who may be associated with a known suspect, are a known suspect themselves, or are under "reasonable suspicion" of involvement in an extremist group or terrorist activity.

Did you know? If Dwight Ward's name appears on a government watch list supplied by the DOJ, FBI, CIA, INTERPOL or another government agency, you will have access to the details associated with this record.

Due to the potentially graphic nature of Dwight Ward's report we must verify that you are 18 years or older.

It's clever of them to hint that I might be on a government watch list. I'm not, I know that. But what if a friend or relative or someone I was about to do a little business with were to get those hints. Would they pay for the full report? If they didn't would they look at me suspiciously after that?

This website should be held liable for potentially damaging my reputation. They won't be and more's the pity.