I'm Getting My New Iphone 11 Pro Delivered This Morning

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Lon Tanner, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Micki Pembroke I can't speak for @Cody Fousnaugh 's reason, but with any contractual plan, they are usually quite a bit more monthly. I use Metro and pay only $30 a month for unlimited everything and a Hot Spot.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One thing that might lead me to dump my iPhone for something else is its insistence that I set up Apple Pay. I don't like the idea of having any of my financial stuff stored on my phone, and I don't plan on using Apple Pay, but I'm sick of looking at the damned notification that I haven't finished setting up my iPhone because I haven't set up Apple Pay. I have dumped a couple of antivirus software programs because they kept trying to upsell me with warning notices about my computer not be fully protected. If you want to sell me something, please let me use it without constant notices about other stuff that you want to sell me, and certainly don't couch these ads in the form of a warning.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that if you go to settings/wallet and Apple Pay/ and then turn off the green button for Apple Pay, the notification should disappear, @Ken Anderson .

4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Just wanted to say how nice it was to see you posting. :)

Micki Pembroke and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

So.....I am chuckling as I write this; but....... thanks to all of the SUPPLEMENTS I have added to my diet, I am healing really well, and starting to feel like my usual happy self again.
    Thank you for caring, Bess ! It is good to be back and interacting again.

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith Oh thank God, you're not leaving us. Sorry to hear you're recovering from something. Hope your recovery go well. Keep getting well.:).

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So on our trip last week I was frustrated by my iPhone 6S+; it has only 16GB of space and I keep bumping against the max storage. I decided to go ahead and upgrade to the 11, even though I have read that the 12 is waiting in the wings. I ordered it earlier today (not the fancy 3-camera model) and it will be here tomorrow.

I'm scouring Amazon for the best wireless charger and a sassy phone cover. (I didn't want to spend the $$$ on Apple accessories.) Oh, and I got a $100 trade-in allowance for my 6S+, which I bought in 2015.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

You are going to LOVE the new iPhone 11, @Beth Gallagher ! That is what Robin got me (even though I assured her I didn’t need a new phone), and even the camera on it is awesome .
    I have the regular iPhone 11, and she has the one with the 3-camera model, because she totally loves the cameras. If you have not used face-recognition, you will really like that, too.
    It saves a lot of time.
    It took me a while getting used to not having a home button, and learning to slide everything up from the bottom corner to clear the apps; but that is just a little thing.
    I thought it was smaller, but it actually has a larger screen than my old 7+ had, because there is no edge to the screen.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

"Out for Delivery!" upssmiley1_zpshgajucqc.gif

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Putting FIVE likes on this ! ! Can’t wait for you to get it, I know you are just going to love this phone, Beth .

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yvonne, do you have a black phone by any chance? I know this sounds ridiculous, but I can't tell if there's a plastic film over the back of the phone or not. It looks extremely "shiny" so I've been trying to get the protective film off... lol. The film covering the screen of the phone had a tab on it and came off easily, so I suppose the finish is just ultra-shiny.

I am actually surprised that the new phone is smaller than my 6S+. Sheesh.

12. Yvonne Smith

Mine is the lavender one, and I can’t remember if it has a protective film on it or not.
    It is actually NOT smaller than your 6S+, it just looks like it. I said the exact same thing when Robin got me this one, but it is only the overall size of the whole 6+ phone that is larger, not the screen size.
    If you measure the screen , the new 11 actually has more screen room than the older model, but the screen goes clear across, and the other one has an edge all the way around because it has to have room for the home button.
    iPhone 11 specs:
    • Width: 2.81 inches (71.4 mm)
    • Height: 5.67 inches (144.0 mm)
    • Depth: 0.32 inch (8.1 mm)
    • Weight: 6.63 ounces (188 grams)
    • 6.1” screen
    iPhone 6S+ specs:
    • Height: 6.23 inches (158.2 mm)
    • Width: 3.07 inches (77.9 mm)
    • Depth: 0.29 inch (7.3 mm)
    • Weight: 6.77 ounces (192 grams)
    • 5.5” screen
    This page gives all of the info and specs for all of the iPhones :

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201296

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Thanks. I decided it isn't protective film at all, but the back has "gorilla glass" which makes it very shiny. My case will be here tomorrow and I'll never see the back of the phone again. :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I got my phone case and a cool charger thingy today. The charger is the cordless type so I just lay the phone on it. It also has a charger for my watch, so I can put them both on there at the same time. It doesn't take much to thrill me.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I went into the phone store to see what options I had in the way of a different phone. I was thinking of downgrading because I rarely even use my iPhone 7 as a phone, let alone any of the other features. I use it as a HotSpot whenever I am having trouble with my ISP, and we're grandfathered on an unlimited data plan that our phone service provider no longer offers, so I wanted to keep that. Once in a while, I will get online with my phone to check on the forum, but rarely because if I'm not behind my computer, I'll usually use a Kindle for that. Nevertheless, I ended up walking out with an iPhone 12 Pro. I like the larger screen and the monthly cost difference, added to my phone bill, would be negligible if I had opted for a lesser model.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.