I'm Home In North Jersey

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Lois Winters, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

We left about an hour ago and am now home. Still in a lot of pain, sadly.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Welcome home.

3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Home is always good Lois but pain is not. Thinking Pain Free Thoughts for you.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad you're home safe and sound, Lois. I missed reading why you are in pain. Anything you want to talk about? Anywho, I hope you're all better soon.

Micki Pembroke and Lois Winters like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Lois, I'm sorry that you are still in pain and I hope you can get in to see your regular doctor ASAP! Did you get all the stitches out of your hand? Kick back and relax; welcome home.

6. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

7. Lois Winters

Registered

Thanks Lon, but I have a hospital bed here and can adjust it as needed. I saw the PT as soon as I got here and we will st
    Oh, Shirley it is so stupid of me to even have it in the first place. I cut my finger last Friday to the point that I required 5 stitches. I was spurting blood all over the place and my son is such a wimp at the sight of it that I was jumping around since it hurt like the devil and stung badly. I pulled the Latissimus muscle in my back big time and that is where the pain is coming from. The spasms are horrible and nothing seems to quiet it down. Once my finger was sutured it only aches now and then. But getting them put in was a story unto itself. No way I'd go back to have them removed. I took them out myself. However, I talked to the Physical Therapist here when I got home and she will start treatments tomorrow. Meanwhile, grin and bear it.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Poor baby! I mean that in the kindest way. Sometimes we all need a, "Poor baby."

9. Lois Winters

Registered

Okay, I'll be a poorer baby after tomorrow's session, prepare for the worst.:confused::confused:

10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

ooooh I feel for you, I have regular spasms in my lower back due to several herniated discs.. and it ain't no party... it's absolutely agonizing at times . I've had it for years and gone through cortisone injections and surgery but there's nothing more they can do . Now I have to do exercises to strengthen my back every morning before I can stand up out of bed otherwise the spasms would drop me on the floor like a stone. !!

..and my heat pad is my best friend after any type of exercise..

Hopefully you'll get some relief from the PT , I found after about 6 or 7 sessions with a PT I would get relief for up to a year , so hopefully they'll get you fixed, and you won't have to go down the cortisone route...

11. Lois Winters

Registered

I just got out of a hot shower, Holly. Believe me the moist heat is a blessing. I feel great right now, but until this muscle quiets down, I'll have to work on it. I've gone through this with my Delts as well and it drives me nuts. I was a daily swimmer and I played a lot of golf and softball as well as fenced years ago, so my muscles are well developed, but unless one can stay in shape this is what happens. With my cardiomyopathy and degenerative rheumatoid arthritis, I am limited. I also have spinal stenosis and lower lumbar spine fractures. It is a wonder I can walk, but I can. I thank the Good Lord for that, believe me.

12. Lois Winters

Registered

13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh my goodness you are suffering and so stoical with it... :eek: sorry not meant to sound patronising

is it possible for you to get in the pool?

This is what I miss about not having a pool here as I do in Spain. My back is so much better from the swimming (only on my back)...and the daily water exercises when I'm over there, but here it's just too difficult and to much of a hassle to get into a leisure centre pool. with crowds and adult only swimming times soo early in the morning for just an hour , and lane only swimming etc like sardines..

Anyway I hope very much you continue to get stronger and relieved from pain.. :)

Yvonne Smith and Lois Winters like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Lois - so sorry to read that your pain has returned, hoping you heal real soon - will be thinking of you x

15. Lois Winters

Registered

No, Holly we do not have a pool here, sadly. I do miss swimming. Don't know that I'd care for that many when I am in a pool.