In Praise Of Salt

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hal Pollner, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I was looking for information on the different salts earlier today and came across this:

Green Plus ArrowDetox By Drinking Salt Water

Due to the rich minerals, salt water supports the body in its natural detoxification process. The salt water is also naturally antibacterial and can rid the body of dangerous bacteria.
    As many people suffer from poor digestion, undigested food and waste accumulate in the gastrointestinal tract over time. This residue can slowly ferment in the stomach, small intestine and colon, causing harmful bacteria and other pathogens to grow. These pathogens produce their own toxins, which accumulate more and more in the digestive system.
    The warm salt water can eliminate these wastes and toxins while cleansing the digestive tract and speeding up bowel movements. This forces all of this accumulated waste at once, so you are much less toxic than before!

Sea Water Health Benefits

Sea Water has a Similar Composition as Our Blood Plasma

Seawater contains the same 84 vital elements found also in the human body. These elements include vitamins, mineral salts, trace elements and amino acids. But sea water is also rich in living microorganisms that produce beneficial antibiotic, antimicrobial and antibacterial substances.

Sea water has also the ability to relieve cold and flu symptoms, as well as to cure bronchitis and sinusitis. Inhaling sodium chloride, or salt from sea water, helps loosen mucus and treat pulmonary problems.

The article was pretty long so I didn't copy all of it. I thought it was interesting reading, however. I don't think I would want to drink sea water, though. Think how many creatures pee and poop in it. Yuck!:eek:

2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Shirley Martin I think the key word in the sea water cure explanation was 'inhaling'. A person can't drink sea water or they will die. :D

Joe Riley and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Registered

No, I'm pretty sure they meant to drink it. I remember reading about a fad a few years ago for drinking sea water. I think you were supposed to drink a couple of tablespoonsful a day.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Shirley Martin
    A couple of tablespoons likely are harmless, but how much good can so little do, OTOH? Keep in mind that the oceans drain all natural waterways (with a few exceptions) which means all the toxic minerals from mining activities as well as natural sources, arsenic, mercury, chromium and the like are in the mix.
    Frank

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't understand why everyone is so concerned about "toxins in the body" all of a sudden. People are living longer and better than ever before, so I have to believe that eating a balanced diet and drinking plenty of clean water is good enough for me. (And I am not adverse to an occasional beer, whether that causes toxic buildup or not. :D) I have a feeling P.T. Barnum would have done well in today's world.

6. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

The ocean services / noaa says on their site:
    Human kidneys can only make urine that is less salty than salt water. Therefore, to get rid of all the excess salt taken in by drinking seawater, you have to urinate more water than you drank. Eventually, you die of dehydration even as you become thirstier.

I know coastal cities have been trying to come up with ways it could be processed into usable drinking water, but so far, the process is too expensive.

7. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

I don't really understand the whole toxin scare either. It sort of reminds me of the unnecessary 'bloodletting' during the medieval times. I guess if it makes people feel healthier, then it's good for them to be concerned with it. Maybe I'm just too lazy to want to deal with it. The yeast in beer is good for the body!!

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

For some years now I don't add salt to anything. I used to salt on sliced tomatos
    But now use only the small round tomatos. I've gotten used to a saltless diet.

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Many of my relatives used to put salt on watermelon. :p I never tried it. Maybe it's good.

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I like salt on watermelon; also on cantaloupe.

11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Makes it sweeter.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Interesting information about adding a potato to your meal.

E19A5169-AB20-42E2-BC7A-7356840ED57F.jpeg

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I watch my salt intake and love my red roasted potatos.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Registered

I like baked potatoes but I much prefer the red ones. The white ones always seem a little dry.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

WARNING.....!

[​IMG]