In Search Of The Perfect Cuppa

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bill Boggs, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Hawaiian Kona coffee is one of the better coffees. The problem here in the Midwest is when you buy Kona, you get a blend and it only contains 10 percent Kona. The rest is usually Columbian Coffee or another cheap coffee.

As far as those photos go, you make it sound so easy I'm going to try it sometime soon. Somebody may have given me some information on loading or uplifting photos here in the past. If they did I've forgotten how and forgot who. (I'm becoming hopeless). Thanks.
    I have never tried Almond milk, although it has been recommended to me. I'll haver to try it sometime when I'm shopping and my memory is particularly sharp that day.

2. Bill Boggs

Registered

That is one I would try. The name speaks to you and the word 'Intense', works on you, like the image of a beautiful woman you can't shake and don't want to.

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs , almond milk is just a better choice if dieting or eating healthy.

4. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Ruby Begonia have you not tried some of the Starbucks sold in stores? Just curious.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  5. Bill Boggs

Registered

Okay, I have been informed and enlightened. I have much to learn. I'm going to knock off and have a cup of coffee.

6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes Bill I know what you mean, but from my experience the intense coffee is a safer bet, does less damage in the long run :D

These days I choose the coffee ;):)

d4cb5f74797798dd16093767ef60717d.jpg OR DC0136.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I know that coffee has many tricks to get the desired taste. I have colleagues who do not drink the instant coffee, they prefer the brewed where the beans are filtered. In my husband's office, they also have a coffee maker because his boss drinks only brewed coffee.

I'm not a coffee drinker but I had tasted rice coffee and I'd say it's good. It is just rice that was fried to brown (with no oil) and then put into a grinder to make it powdery. It is then dissolved in hot water like any instant coffee. My friend who made that said it is much better than real coffee because it is nutritious.

8. Terry Page

Registered

Yes Instant has come on a long way since the brown powder variety, they even have a combination of grains and instant

pic2.jpg

9. Terry Page

Registered

[​IMG]

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Terry Page

Registered

I bought an Aeropress a while back and use it at home to make the best coffee I have ever tasted, it's simple to use and easy to clean and store. I don't use it here as Lisa doesn't like real coffee, preferring instant, so I bring the best of the instants from the UK.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe I'll give instant coffee another chance, didn't realize how much it has changed.

It would be nice not to have my coffee maker sitting on my counter. :)