Ipad Ios 13.1

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Beth Gallagher, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I updated my iPad today with the new OS. So far it's pretty cool; I like the photo utilities. Anyone else?

Bill Boggs and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We updated ours, too; but I haven’t done much with any of the new things as of yet, have been busy this week, and mostly just on the ipad to check in with the forum here.
    I tried dark mode, and I like it for some applications, and not so much for other ones.
    Somehow, I missed the information that Find Friends and Find my iPhone were going to be combined into a whole new app, and I was in a major panic when I updated my phone and my Find Friends was gone !
    I looked in the App Store to reload it, and it was not in the App Store, so then I looked on my iPad (which had not had the new update release yet, found the Find Friends, and airdropped the link to my phone.
    When I tried to download it, I got the message that the phone could not use that app, and was even more upset !
    It was at that point that I messaged all three of my Gurus (also known as “kids”) and asked them about it. They explained to me that it was a whole new app, and it tuned out to be hidden in one of my folders when they sent it in the update.
    Now that I have it, I actually think that it is a good idea to merge the two apps since they are both locators.

3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I never use the "find your friends" so I didn't realize it was missing. I have used the find my iphone a couple of times, though and I noticed that the icon looks different.

I would like to use my iPad more, but I do so much typing that it never seems to be the right "tool" for me.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

So what OS was it?

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

iOS 13.1

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I don't like the changes to messaging. From the messages list, I used to just click "edit" and then mark them to delete. Now there's no "edit" button; apparently replaced by the three dots that take you to another menu. Select "Manage Messages List," mark them, then delete.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Welp, we're already up to 13.1.2. :D As usual with technology, they roll it out and let the end user be the beta tester. :rolleyes:

Micki Pembroke and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I updated my iPad and my phone with the quite large update now some of my apps including my Garmin watch is playing up ( I contacted Garmin yesterday ) who confirmed the issue ,it’s related to the Bluetooth and pairing the watch
    Garmin informed me they are working on a update for their devices ,they didn’t expect Apple to come up with such a huge update all at once ...However Apple also have a new watch so some of their update included operating systems for their new devices ( so I believe)
    I don’t like a couple of their minor changes which includes updating apps you now have to click on your name up the top to update and my apps bar down the bottom is smaller but I’ll live with it :):D