Ipads Good And Bad Features

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Kate Ellery, May 12, 2024.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith I’ve had a great chat with Apple today regarding my iPad it’s just out of warranty so the estimated cost for any repairs is $530.00 ….shock …:eek::eek::eek:.i haven’t looked but I think I can buy a new iPad for not much more than that .
    So I’ve said no to a appointment to have it looked at

I’ll do some homework latter what they cost …I know there is a ultra thin one just about to be released but it’s not for me at over $1.000

So when we get up to QLD where I’ve booked a unit for 2 weeks from June 10th I’ll go visit Apple in Robina ( QLD) to look at replacing ipad

Shhhhhhhh ….it’s behaving at the moment

Last edited: May 12, 2024
    John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just watched the latest Apple Event last week, and they have come out with the newest versions of the iPad. I am pretty sure that the regular iPad starts at around $400, so less than they want to charge you to fix yours.
    Also, they buy used iPads, so what I would suggest is to look online for their prices, then trade in your old one for a discount on the new one. Since the old one works perfectly fine except for when it freezes up, I think that you can say it is in good condition, and probably get back up to half of what you paid for it as a trade in, since it is not very old, and then get a brand new one.

The new iPad Air stats at about $699, I think they said, and the new iPad Pro at $1299, or thereabouts. I wasn’t planning on buying a new one, so didn’t listen that close; but if I were getting one, I would like one of the 13” iPad Air , about half of the price of the new iPad Pro, and does everything I would want.

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’ve deleted quite a few unused apps off my iPad mostly word games or jigsaw puzzles I downloaded and never used more than once or twice and my iPad seems better for it ..,well …so far so good

….wonder if it’s possible to have a app that caused issues that I’ve had with my iPad ? ..I’m still working on removing other apps that used to be free to use but now days they want to charge you a monthly / yearly fee

I like playing patience card games but that is no longer…. free of adds / wanting me to download other games or upgrade to a better version for a fee / once off payment or monthly fee to get rid of adds …tried that once but got even more adds

I even paid for a relaxing music app prob 3 years ago when I had severe BP issues I attempted to open that a few days ago to check and the cost / outlay has obliviously disappeared ( it was supposed to be a lifetime one off cost ) the app won’t even open / recognise my user name / password

so that will be deleted as well it has pictures / relaxing music that helped my BP issues to an extent
    however my bp now days is in the range of 109/ 65 by changing / seeing a different cardiologist / different meds.

I’ve noticed in the last few days that music I could ask for /or operate though iPad app …. Google home to play music / albums through Spotify is now only available on subscription , so I’ll look for an alternative music provider if there is one

Last edited: May 24, 2024
    Yvonne Smith likes this.