Iran At War With Israel

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, May 9, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Apparently, Iran fired some missiles at Israel and Israel has responded.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Iran has been building up in Syria for some time. It is one of the things that influenced the recent decision by Trump and why Saudi Arabia and Israel supported the opt-out. The Iranian government is struggling to stay in power and nothing strengthens a dictatorial government than a good war. Netanyahu had his press conference recently that showed what Iran is doing to build up their nuclear forces. They are following the same pattern as North Korea did since the 1990s.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Netanyahu is one of the most adept, shrewdest, and least condescending of modern leaders, IMO, while being able to hold on to personal beliefs and strategies. A brilliant man, dragged down and mired into the muck of opposing factions while carefully carrying out plans. A man to be admired, IMO.

So what if his wife spent too much money? Do any not?
    Frank

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Wish I understood what's going on
    I 'think' Trump has got it right - hope so

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sickened to have woken up to this news this morning... I just don't know enough to have any idea of the likely outcome...it's scary!!

6. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah makes me ill too. Israel will always fire back though. They won't sit by and idly take it.

Holly Saunders and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Let 'em fight. Israel has been itching to get into it with Iran.

8. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bill Boggs
    Do you feel Israel is not justified? Just wondering.
    Frank

9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, of course they are justified. They've had the whole of the middle-east againt them for practically their entire existence. But sometime I think that poor defenseless Israel of yore has turned into a bully boy. And of course they'll have US support. Every once in a while I think we ought to let them stand on their own two feet; quit giving them handouts for a while.

10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Bill Boggs
    Understand what you're saying, Bill. One of the things I just learned last night is that many of the Elite Jewish do not support a Zionist State, that is, a separate Jewish Homeland. I read that while searching Yehudi Menuhin, whose father was anti-Zionist, one of the greatest violinists of all time.
    Frank

Bill Boggs likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Breaking News....

Israel has today released footage of the moment one of its missiles destroyed an Iranian rocker launcher in Syria in retaliation for Tehran forces shelling the Golan Heights hours earlier.

The video was revealed as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned that Iran had 'crossed a red line' by firing 20 rockets across the border early on Thursday.

The 20-second clip shows a missile mounted with a camera hurtling towards the SA22 aerial interception system as soldiers stood just yards away - unaware of the impending impact.

A SA22 aerial interception system, also known as Pantsir-S1, is a Russian-made truck-mounted short to medium range surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery weapons system.

Israel said it had attacked nearly all of Iran's military infrastructure in Syria, destroying dozens of sites, in an operation dubbed 'House of Cards' after Iranian forces fired rockets at Israeli-held territory for the first time.

The targets of the strikes, Israel's largest in Syria since the 1973 war, included weapons storage, logistics sites and intelligence centers used by elite Iranian forces in Syria.

Click on the link to see Video reports
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-line-following-Israeli-missile-launch.html

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That goes for a lot of countries too

13. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Big protests now about the American Embassy moving to Jerusalem. If the Palestinians keep this stuff up, the separation will never end.

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Oslo Accords in the 1990s gave the Palestinians everything they wanted--including a Palestinian State--but their leader at the time (Yasser Arafat) turned everything down. When Israel was created, Jordan was supposed to be the Palestinian Homeland, but they were such an unruly group that the Hashemites expelled them as being too violent and made them all exiles. I think the Palestinians are the true heirs to the legacy of Ishmael, condemned to wander without a home. Nothing short of turning Israel back into the desert it was when the Palestinians had it will satisfy those people.

15. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I agree with you @Don Alaska It's such a complicated part of the world. I also heard on the radio while driving (so I didn't get all of it on the news talk program I was listening to) that these protests were planned and encouraged ahead. They do nothing but kill people and make a mess.

Joe Riley and Don Alaska like this.