Is Justice Coming?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Martin Alonzo, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

And yet you replied.

Nice twist on your reply though twisting the context from your opinion and assumptions.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Reposting the OP for those who may have forgotten.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m with my wife, Martin, Ken and a few others here.

The educational system has been broken for a LOT of years now. Teachers who belong to a union and can’t even teach to passing Johnny through to his senior year without being able to properly read a book. They say, “So what if Johnny can’t read? We’ll just build a new wing on Harvard or pay for some proctor to change Johnny’s scores to get him into Yale.”
    This ain’t White House politics folks! It’s dangerous stuff and it has been allowed to go on for too long and has absolutely nothing to do with how the president lives his own personal life!

Heck, after a student cheats his or her way through school by teachers and / or parents allowing them to do so, now we have a monetary scam that enriches those who are supposed to be the goal setters but doesn’t enrich the ones who are supposed to be learning.

Bravo to the parents who insist that their progeny learn and take something with them through life that they earned rather than taking the easy way out which only produces a lump of flesh with no usable intelligence other than how to feed their face.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

For every student who's parent bought their college admission, there is a deserving student who could not get in. That's a shame. Who knows, one of those students may have been the one to find a cure for cancer or one of the other horrible diseases that afflict us. Or a way to solve the energy problem. Or a way to feed all the hungry people in the world.

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just heard that one of the students affected didn't even want to go to the college (USC) that they were "bought into" and was pushed into it by her mother.... She claims she wanted to go to Arizona State so she could party for a few years and then leave.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I’m sure it’s the same student I heard about. She not only said that the wanted to attend the college parties and games but she also had a trip scheduled to go to New York city for a week or two after school started.

I cannot imagine having such a stressed out and hard life! It’s like uh, so much trouble ya know? It’s like uh, too much going on in her highly developed brain, ya know?

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

She'll probably be elected to the House of Representatives soon. :D

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

It was like.......flimsy, like.......RAP!

Frank

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

She'll have to get that gig as a bartender first. :p

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't followed this news item very much, but the little I have read I can't find fault with the parents that have the financial ability to try to provide an advantage for their children. I doubt that one day they came up with who to contact and how much it would cost by Googling.

IMO the real criminals are the learning institutions and the system in place to make what was done possible.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

True Bob, but if a bank didn’t have alarms, safes and guards it would still be against the law to take advantage of the situation and rob it.
    The parents may not have broken any particular law (dunno) but the example they have set for their charges is not only ethically wrong but the extension of their wrong doing will no doubt be made evident when their children have grown and are in the business world.

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Not a great example to set for their kids. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

From what I have read, the institutions themselves had no knowledge, but I am sure that if they kept better tabs on the admissions, they could have figured it out.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Not quite an apples to apples comparison.

A comparison would be If bank administrators facilitated robbery by providing access that others didn't have.

As for setting an example. By the time those kids are ready for college their years of example should be pretty well set. How they feel about what was done would tell a whole lot about what previous life examples were set.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.