Issues With My Ipad / Phone

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Kate Ellery, Oct 11, 2024 at 5:38 AM.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

SIGH …..While we was away we both had issues with the internet where we was sitting …..but now I’ve got issues with my iPad …it’s giving me real hassles ….

Firstly DH set up my new laptop , and I was encouraged to set up a gmail recovery account ( I’ve never had one ) I’d just nominated my DH email address as a recovery incase my address locked me out or what ever

Don’t know if it’s just coincidental . but since setting up recovery account ….and the laptop …..

I can’t get any emails ….cant log into online accounts , including forum id logged out of …..yep I’m logged into correct account for the matching email address …I’ve only got one email address…and a recovery account

My iPad and phone asks for me to sign in all the time when I’m already signed in …..and I’ve changed passwords …

.mainly due to getting heaps of text messages supplying me a one off number to log into accounts that I had NOT …REQUESTED …….apparently someone was trying to change my passwords and I was getting the text ….text simply said I can ignore text if it wasn’t me …

.but what was going on ‍♀️

So what a pain …….tomorrow we’ve got visitors for tea ….but in between prepping tea I’m going to look at new laptop and (if I have to , delete everything off it) …just in case it’s effecting my emails coming through …as well as other issues mentioned

I’ve changed passwords 6 or 7 times …

On top of all this Apple had a what id considered a major update ….so just incase its that causing issues ..I’ve turned my phone and iPad off and on ……several times..which will often “ fix” any glitches ..to no avail …