I've Watched This When Flying

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Frank Sanoica, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

No horror story. Taken through a window by a passenger, watch during the take-off roll how the wing bends upward as it begins to support the weight of the plane before lift-off. Not a re-enactment. The transfer of weight to and from the wheels is a very tricky operation. The take-off roll begins at about 2:50 if you want to skip ahead. Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I fly at least twice a year , sometimes more, I always have the Aisle seat over the wings and I always watch the as we take off...

What I don't understand about this video, is the noise that's being recorded while in the air.. there's rarely any engine noise inside the cabin when we fly...

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I wonder how many 747s are still being used for passenger service. I don't think Boeing is making any more of the passenger configuration, but they still make the cargo version...and Air Force One, of course. The 787 is much more efficient. I am more comfortable with 4 engines on long over-water flights, though.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As far as comfort on a fixed wing goes, I am far more confident when I am flying in a C-119 through to the C-141 and with a parachute on my back.
    I’d much rather watch the bend of rotary wings. Soooooo cool!

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.