Japanese Bathroom

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Allison Schuck, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Allison Schuck

Allison Schuck Veteran Member
    Registered

2. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Huh, it's always nice to get a peek into another culture. I've always been passionate about Japanese culture, but I never known that even their bathrooms are so amazing! It seems like a really creative way to build a bathroom.

3. Lucy Brown

Lucy Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

WOW...Allison, that is amazing...if I were younger and building my own home...this would be something worthwhile to consider. :)

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Last January we went to Beijing and stayed in Red Wall hotel, a 3-star. It has a heater, hot water, fridge, phone, tv and a nice bathroom that is kinda new and very clean. I just noticed the bamboo flooring in the shower area. The bamboo is like a shielf so your feet will not touch the cold tiles. At first I couldn't understand it until my husband explained that to me. Now we are thinking of imitating that style of the bamboo flooring because bamboo in the bathroom used to be common here particularly in the rural areas.

Here is the photo of that bathroom... IMG_0459 Beijing Red Wall hotel.JPG

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I want that control to keep the water hot. I also love the larger bathroom sink and the sprayer, that would be so handy for me, since it's difficult to bend over to clean large items in the bathtub, between my back pain and the configuration of the bathrooms in this house. The girl in the video's pretty cute, too :).