Judge Judy

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Patsy Faye, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep that's how it works Kitty... the production company pays the 'fines'... and the stipulation in the contract is that they have to agree , win or lose to not pursue the claim in any other court...

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kitty Carmel - over the years she has given such good advice and all the while I'm hoping they have 'listened'
    but, when they talk afterwards you can tell its all gone over their head and you think - 'I give up' :rolleyes:

3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Are Judge Judy's courtroom episodes spontaneous or rehearsed?

I like the way she scolds the plaintiffs or defendants when they don't observe Courtroom Protocol!

Hal

4. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry but this a long Vid but it shows how some do not respect the proper Courts and are punished and jailed

Aftermath was but not shown on this link she was taken back to court next day in prison garb and let off when she Cried her Eyes out and said sorry sorry.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Definitely not rehearsed - Judy hasn't the time for that, what you see is what you get and I like that
    Watch her every day :)

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I do wonder however, how many tapes have to be omitted or edited because of content.
    I have always shown the proper respect for a courtroom and the court but if I was on the receiving end of her ire, I’m afraid that it would be one episode that would never be shown.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Bobby Cole - ha ha ! Yea but her opponents are mostly of the 'buffoon' variety - so I think you're safe Bobby :p
    It is edited over here

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm sure Judge Judy is aware that she is a performer in a show but I doubt she was much different when she was actually behind the bench.

I went to traffic court in California once because then, if the ticketing officer didn't appear in court, the ticket would usually be dismissed. Now, I think they use the ticket as the officer's testimony, and it's not an automatic dismissal.

Then though, if you had the time, rather than paying the ticket and racking up the points, it made sense to go to traffic court. If the cop was there, you could simply plead guilty and pay the fine. Otherwise, there was a good chance that it would be dismissed.

Anyhow, the traffic court judge gave people about ten seconds to begin making a point before he'd rule against them. I don't remember any specifics but he seemed to be having fun with his job. When someone would start rambling, he'd make a buzzer noise with his mouth and then say, "Time's up. Pay the fine. Next."

When someone was making a plausible argument, he seemed to enjoy the fact that someone was making a good argument, and was inclined to rule in their favor.

He moved things along quickly, but in an entertaining way. Traffic court wasn't at all boring.

My ticket was dismissed, by the way. Not because of any oratory on my part but because the ticketing cop wasn't there.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

That's how it should be - seen Judy do the same, but she doesn't get many reasonable or plausible arguments
    Such as the pit bull dog owners that state 'my dog is not aggressive', even though there have been savage attempts on a
    little doggies life (seen so many of these ones)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

"Buffoons" are a good description...and do you notice how obese most of them are?

Hal

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's what I think about Judge Judy. If I had to go to Court I would not want her to be my Judge. I do believe since it it TV there is some rehearsal and editing, etc. ....but as for Judge Judy I also believe that what you see and hear is 100% her! :) She's the first person that I can actually say with a smile that is so bitchy and mean sometimes she even scares the hell out of me! :)

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I'm sure it is edited, but I don't think it is rehearsed. Judy was a Family Court judge in real life. Her husband, however, was a REAL judge as he sat on the New York Supreme Court at one time.

Bobby Cole and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Babs Hunt - I don't know about 'bitchy' but she does command common sense and doesn't get it from those before her
    And, no matter how long she takes trying to get the message through to the inane, nothing registers with them
    They will continue to forever mess up their lives. Its not only exhausting its maddening
    But - we see things differently and that's fine

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I watch her show on occasion. She is a no BS person, that is the bottom line. Perhaps comes across a bit arrogant at times..but hey she da Judge.
    Perhaps as a country we could benefit from a Judge with her character and style. She is a Hoot :cool:

Patsy Faye likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband and I watch her Monday thru Friday unless we are out of the house at that time for whatever reason. We both love her and hate her! :) Yes, she does to us get really bitchy at times...but then those she behaves that way towards may be deserving of that kind of behavior. She doesn't put up with any crap that's for sure. You and I might have different definitions of the term bitchy...because just because we find Judge Judy's behavior bitchy at times does not mean we think of her as a bitch. :) She gives as good as she gets for sure! :)

Patsy Faye likes this.