Jussie Smollett Arrested

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Maggie Mae, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Patron Registered

I wonder if the State's Attorney is now faced disbarment?

Illinois

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

Just when we thought that the plot couldn’t get any thicker, Jussie’s attorney said that Smollett was considering suing the Chicago police department.

I can’t really believe that the fraudulent actor would do such a thing, but stupid is as stupid does so we might just see a judge Judy moment on national TV.
    I can just see it now: The friends of Smollett being questioned whilst sitting on the stand and when Jussie himself is questioned the defense attorney brings out the dreaded glove. Oh wait, that was O.J. Simpson.
    Still, the feeding frenzy that will occur with the networks and advertisers would be so massive that in comparison, the Super Bowl will seem like a keepsies marble game on a grade school playground.

Of course, I am also imagining that the day in court will be scheduled during some great event that we should all be paying close attention to but alas, the media will be busy with the great god, Jussie Smollett.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

That lawsuit will never happen; it would force them to unseal the documents.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Very Well-Known Member
    Patron Registered

I believe it is a ploy, as the amount he is allegedly suing for matches the amount that Chicago was intending to sue for as reimbursement for legal fees and expenses involved in his case. AS @Beth Gallagher said, it won't happen because they would have to unseal the documentation for that to take place.

Tom Galty and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Good grief. "Travesty of justice," indeed. From Yahoo.

CHICAGO (AP) — Lawyers for Jussie Smollett on Friday filed motions contending that because the actor was the victim of an attack earlier this year in Chicago a judge should reverse his decision to appoint a special prosecutor.

In the motions filed Friday, Smollett's defense attorneys contended the case has been "a travesty of justice."

"Not only have the media and the public failed to critically look at the evidence (and lack thereof) against Mr. Smollett, but now, (Toomin) has accepted false media reports to presume Mr. Smollett guilty of charges which he pled not guilty to and which were dismissed against him," the motion states.

Tom Galty likes this.