Just To Make Things Sweet

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Frank, you probably know that an excess of uric acid in the bloodstream causes gout; a very memorable and PAINFUL experience. You will absolutely know if you have gout in your foot; it will be red, swollen, and extremely tender... and feel "feverish" around the affected joint. The pain is the type that is relentless; no way to position the foot that will give any relief. I have had two gout attacks in the last 9 years and that is not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. When I say I could have sawed my foot off with a dull hacksaw at the ankle, I'm not kidding. It is a horrible pain.

Gout is actually just another of the wonderful types of arthritis. :rolleyes: It is a particularly nasty one, though.

I keep a bottle of Naproxin and a steroid dose pack in my bathroom cabinet. When I feel a twinge in the big toe joint on that foot, I take a Naproxin, drink gallons of water, and it usually calms down. Thankfully, that does not happen often. The steroid dose pack is an absolute miracle when in a full-blown gout attack; it relieves the symptoms within a day, at least for me.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes unbelievable pain. Could not stand even a light sheet on my foot :eek:

Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Isn't that the truth? And did you have the extreme sensitivity to warm water? I remember getting into bath water and my foot felt like it had been severely burned, though the water was tepid. Very weird how those nerves were affected.

4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

82547779_10162972951460523_4279114107853996032_n.jpg sorry didn't know where to post this

Lois Winters likes this.