Justified

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Another series that I've really enjoyed is Justified. Since I don't have cable, I binge-watched seasons 1-4 on either Netflix or Hulu Plus, I forget which, and am now watching season 5 on CD through Netflix, since it isn't streaming yet. The thing that I enjoy most about streaming is the ability to watch series one after another.

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I am going to have to check this series out. There are a lot of actors/actresses that I've been following in this series.

I too binge watch on Netflix, Ken. I signed up to stream movies online last year. It's wonderful. There's no commercials, you can pause, rewind, and pick up where you left off the next day.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that Netflix, and services like it, are the future of television programming. We have an Apple TV, and they are adding more new things on there all of the time. The newest is HBO GO, which you can now subscribe to right through Apple, and don't need to already have it on cable to watch it.
    We also have Amazon Prime, so that includes a lot more free movies, plus ones to rent or buy. I have tried Hulu+ a couple of times, but most of the programs on there still have commercials; so Bobby does not like to watch it, and it is not worth paying for it if he never uses it.
    I don't watch much TV anymore; but when I was doing that, I really enjoyed a series called "Life on Mars". It is about a detective that transports back in time to the 1970's, and they have all of the old cars, clothing outfits, and hairstyles from back then. We pretty much binged our way through watching it; but I think there was only one season of that.

4. Ken Anderson

I haven't had cable or network television for quite awhile. We have three Rokus, which offer several channels, some free, some paid. Netflix is the one I use the most, by far, but my next favorite is Hulu Plus. Amazon Prime was good for about a week, but then I had watched everything I wanted to see and they rarely add anything new.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I have this final season on DVR. I'm planning to binge watch it, once I knock a few other things off, and have the time to marathon it in probably a 2-day stretch. I'm going to be sad to see it go, for sure.

6. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

I started watching this when it first came out, and the first few episodes, if I remember correctly, where pretty violent. Does it get better? I keep seeing commercials for the current season, and it looks interesting. I've thought of watching it again, as a lot of people really seem to like it. But don't want to waste the time if it's too violent. Can you give a short summary of what it's about?

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Mal, I'll let Ken answer, because I don't mind violence, unless it's SAW type violence, where people are being cut up, etc. To me, it's not that violent, but my views are probably skewed from watching Sons of Anarchy.

8. Ken Anderson

It is violent, pretty much all the way through. What I like about ti is that there is very good character development, it follows a clear plot that isn't necessarily clear until it occurs, and it's just plain engaging. I don't care for movies or series that are violent just for the sake of the shock effect, like so many of the slasher movies, but I don't mind it if it is part of a well developed plot.

9. Ken Anderson

By the time season six, its last season, came out on streaming, I re-watched seasons 1-5. I have nothing to add to what I have said earlier, except that ti does have a satisfying ending, unlike some shows that are cancelled in the middle of something, or which have obviously pieced together a half-meal finale.

10. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

I enjoyed the series. Timothy Olyphant is the perfect Raylan.
    By the end of the series, came to like Boyd Crowder.

Elmore Leonard wrote some pretty good novels. My two favorites are 'Get Shorty' and 'Hombre'.
    They both turned out to be good movies also.

The opening music helped set the tone for the series, IMHO.

[​IMG]

Ken Anderson likes this.