Kennedy Center Honors 2017

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Those that received this Honor, that we liked: Gloria Estefan, Norman Lear and Lionel Richie.

Gloria Estefan has a simply GREAT back-up band (The Miami Sound Machine) and done songs like, Conga and Turn The Beat Around. Love these two songs.
    Norman Lear is a Writer and Producer. He done shows All In The Family, Sanford & Son, One Day At A Time, The Jeffersons, Good Times and Maude. I watched all of these shows. Also, didn't know this when we watched The Kennedy Center Honors, but Norman is 95 years old.
    Lionel Richie was Lead Singer for the Commodores until he went solo in 1982. One of his biggest hits as a solo artist was All Night Long. I liked and listened to the Commodores when he was Lead Singer, but when he went solo, I basically stopped listening to the group. Just like Gloria Estefan's songs, Conga and Turn The Beat Around, Lionel's song All Night Long, can get people up on their feet and dancing. Doesn't take much to get us up and going to these songs. Love them!

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Hummmmm, guess nobody watches this show or are interested in these celebs. Heck, I'm getting ready to download a couple of Gloria Estefan hits on my iPhone.

Well, one thing for sure, we do watch a LOT of tv. One of the first things my wife does, if we haven't got anywhere to go after she gets home from work, is to turn on the tv. She utterly hates "quietness" at home, unless at night for sleeping. She was raised with a brother and two sisters and she told me there was basically never a quiet time in her family house, except for nighttime sleep. My step-parents were just the opposite. I was the only child/teen and it was always pretty quiet.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Gloria Estefan = Fab !