Kids Say The Darnest Things

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Von Jones, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I just like to share one of those moments with you.

I was walking behind my almost two year granddaughter upstairs for a changing and I noticed a stink bug fluttering down. I was hoping that neither of us would step on it when and wherever it landed. Well, she noticed it too. She stopped and watched it going up then down and then she looked at me and said 'Huh?' The expression on her face had to be witnessed as I burst out laughing as it landed on her face. I have the sound of her little voice saying 'huh?' and seeing that stink bug land on her face. I've been laughing all afternoon.

[​IMG]

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Von Jones , that is priceless. You should write it down and save it for her to read when she is older. Kids do say the darnest things. Each one will be a treasured memory.

Bess Barber, Patsy Faye and Von Jones like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ah, that's a lovely memory and if you're like me, it will come to mind in the oddest places and you will giggle
    Usually hits me just as I'm drifting off to sleep :p

BTW - never heard of a 'stink bug' - sounds too freaky and if I saw one it would be instant
    jelly legs for me and a lot of screaming :p

Bess Barber and Von Jones like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Von Jones Well, I had to re-read your post. It is funny either way! I thought the stink bug was something escaping from her diaper, but then how it got on her face was puzzling. I remembered stink bugs from the time I was in Texas, but that was a long time ago. I took care of a friend's children for a time when she was very ill and the little girl used to say that her brother nicknamed Bugs, had a stinky in his diaper. Until I learned how to install cloth diapers correctly, it would sometimes be headed down his legs. His sister used to laugh so hard when I changed his diaper with toilet paper rolled up and stuffed up my nose. I wasn't used to this and I still maintain that baby boy poop smells worse than girls. Until last year I hadn't seen this boy and at 45 years old I don't think he appreciated me calling him Stink Bug. His wife and teenage kids laughed when I told them the story of how Bugs earned his full name.

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My youngest son sent this to me.

"So I was trying on some pants I haven’t worn in a few years for our holiday party the other day. Siena was wearing her PJ Masks costume and we went to the mirror to look at ourselves. I said, “wow babe look at your costume” and she giggled and jumped around then she turned around and said “wow daddy look at your big belly” and was pointing at it like she wanted to grab it. I had no choice but to laugh because she was cracking up and it was so true."

IMG_5801 (1).jpg

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Aah lovely :)

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They are an ugly little bug, @Patsy Faye , but totally harmless as far as I know. they just smell BAD ! They do not even look like they have wings, but they do, and can fly.

I won’t tell you that one of the funniest things I have ever seen was when Bobby somehow got one in his sandwich, and bit down on it.
    Apparently, they do not taste any better than they smell !

474C19CC-E3AF-4637-A4B5-696C50DA25D9.jpeg

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Siena is a little beauty, Von.

9. Shirley Martin

Registered

There are two kinds of bugs here that stink. The one @Yvonne Smith showed and the kudzu bugs that have showed up here in the last couple of years. Each one stinks worse than the other one. The old time stink bugs don't normally get in the house as far as I know. But the kudzu bugs do. I was outside working on my tomato plant recently, came in the house and felt something crawling on my head. I shook my head over the sink and shook off three kudzu bugs. I have seen several of them in the house since then. Evidently, they hitch a ride on people to get in. This picture is greatly magnified. They are actually small.

[​IMG]

10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you.

11. Shirley Martin

Registered

@Von Jones , I would have said that but I'm sure you already knew it. :D

12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member