Kind Of Quiet On Here Lately

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Chrissy Cross, May 3, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

ok thank you..guess i missed that one.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm still here, but do take a short break now and then.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There is also the fact that, probably for most of us now, it's spring, and going outdoors is unlikely to kill us.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    Oh it would me Ken :rolleyes:
    So while you're all out there lapping up the sun, think of Patsy once in a while and come see me :)

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

One thing for sure, Ken, can't enjoy the outdoors when there is wildfire smoke in the air. We've actually had to spend almost the entire weekend inside due to that smoke smell.

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll be here with you @Patsy Faye, I'm more of an indoor person in Fresno. It's too hot in the summer to be outside during the day.
    When I first moved here it was in July and although there were many young families with children the street was dead quiet all day...then at night everybody was out.

I think even swimming pools are too hot here at high noon, no need for water heaters here. My next door neighbor has an inground pool and I never hear anybody using it.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

That's how it is for me - unbearable and thank you Chrissy, me mate :cool:

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've never liked the heat or sunshine, I'm a cold, cloudy type of person, lol. Truth though is that I forget how cold cold can be. I think temps in the upper 40's or low 50's are freezing.

I'll never forget one Halloween parade at my son's in Illinois at night. Temps were about 48, and everybody is just wearing a jacket and is fine.

I had on leggings under my regular pants, a sweater, a coat, scarf, gloves, ear warmers, ugg boots and was sitting in a chair with a cover over me...youngest grandson was a still in stroller and I kept eyeing his cover also....I couldn't get warm...my son had to go into a gas station nearby and buy me a hot chocolate...he suggested some alcohol but I said no.
    Finally warmed up after the hot chocolate. :)

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hot chocolate sure does warm you up - I can't have it after winter months

10. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy..
    Come-on up over here where the winter temperatures hover around the -35c mark with a violent wind giving a wind-chill of about -50c or so..
    As I write this post, it is warm out at -6c but no wind..
    We had a bit of snow last week and they are still talking about more for this Saturday.. Could get about 10cms of the white stuff.............

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

When we lived in Colorado, we were on the lake between 8 and 9 AM on the weekends. We were loading the boat on the trailer while others were arriving at noon. It was just too hot (even in Colorado) to be on the water in the afternoon. And, Colorado doesn't get the humidity like Florida does! Heat, plus high humidity, makes most places here pretty intolerable for older folks. Heat Exhaustion is one thing we don't want to happen to us.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I can't take the heat in the summer either. Even when I was a teenager, I had to do my horseback riding early in the mornings, and be home again before the heat of the day. Now, we live in Alabama, and not only have the heat, but the humidity, which makes breathing hard work. I try to get all of the outside gardening work done early in the spring, before the weather gets too hot for me to be outside during the day.
    When we have the swimming pool set up, that helps a lot because I can cool off in the pool in the afternoon when it is so hot and muggy. This year is predicted to be a hot one in the southern states, so it will be extra good to have the pool and be able to cool off in that.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yep, that's Canada! The coldest we could actually tolerate is winters on the Eastern Slope/Front Range of Colorado. And, after being away from those winters since Oct 2007, not even sure we could now handle them. But, may have to.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Oh, and when talking about Florida's summer heat/humidity, that is the reason Florida has no rodeo's during he summer months, like other states do. This kind of heat/humidity could kill a horse in an arena.

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Steve North , I sometimes get envious when I read the posts about freezing temps and snow but the reality of it is quite different....I don't think I could tolerate it anymore...too used to the gawd awful heat.

I spent many years in. Wry cold windychill factor temps in Chicago but inwas much younger then.