Kind Of Senior Multi-vitamin You Take

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

Never buy vitamins that are not on sale or without a coupon!
    https://www.oneaday.com/coupons/

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Gee, THANKS!! Just printed it out.

Beatrice Taylor likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Taking a multivitamin is great but if you look on the back of the bottle, it probably says that the contents are all “minimum” daily requirements.
    If a person is older but is still extremely active then more vitamin B complex and in particular vitamin B12 as @Nancy Hart recommended. But then, if you’re a sit around kind of person then maybe the minimum is all you need.
    If a person takes any supplements that are oil soluble (mostly minerals) then more D3 is needed to maximize the use of them. Vitamin C is an all around vitamin and the benefits are humongous so maybe a couple thousand milligrams a day instead of a couple hundred would be better.

I could go on (as many here could do also) and probably write a whole manuscript on the do’s and do not’s but they key is to know enough about yourself and what each vitamin and mineral does before a person takes anything at all. A good diet should be the foundation and the supplements are simply meant to give us what we do not get in that diet.
    My wife can tell you that my supplement arsenal is absolutely huge but then, I know what my goals are and what each and everything I use is supposed to produce. I do the research first so I’m not shooting in the dark.

Again, know your own body and how it works. We’re all different and have different needs and goals so choosing a supplement should be based on that knowledge and the full knowledge of how any proposed supplement is supposed to react. For an example, If you’re on any prescription medication, some supplements just do not do well and can actually hinder or conflict with the medication.