Kindle The Dream

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Avigail David, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Writers, authors sell ebooks for Amazon Kindle at the rate and speed of hundreds per day. If you sell your new ebook for $1.99 each, and 100 people buy it per day, 70% of the sales go to you. I do not doubt that authors make about $5000 per month on Kindle.

Great information passed electronically through our fingertips: buy-and-click. So easy! Knowledge available like water. I'd like to pursue that dream-- imparting knowledge and publishing, that's been brewing on my head for nine years. Instead, as a reader, authors keep adding into my Favorite List. I wonder about what if one day, I'd be on the Amazon Kindle genre bestseller list-- people actually reading my book/books?

Why not?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, hey you can dream can't you. Problem is many of us have this dream, myself included. Yes, I am a self published author, and it has been very slow getting an audience for my books. But I don't give up on the dream that one day I will find my audience and my books will take off. Like you said, why not?

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that the Kindle Store is an awesome way to market a book. I have gotten some of the gardening and health-related books from there that seemed like they were just copied from other sources. They sell for only 99 cents usually; but , if they sell enough of these, they would make at least some extra money, even if they never reach that best seller and get the $5000 a month figure.
    I have also thought about putting a book on there, and , in fact, one of the books that I got from the Kindle Store is on how to market your own e-book.
    I just have not come up with any great ideas to write about as of yet. But, it is still kicking around on that back burner; so maybe one of these days I will come up with an idea, and write about it.

4. Avigail David

Registered

I wonder if you could link your book here? What's have your written about? What's the title? Is your book in Kindle?
    I have manuscripts of drafts of my work. Perhaps, you could teach me about how to go about publishing with Kindle?

5. Avigail David

Registered

Go for that dream, @Yvonne Smith!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

The future isn't written for nobody, and you never know when you could success, it's never a waste of time to try.
    If you believe in yourself and your success you will finally get it, and you're dreams will finally become reality.

7. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Some folks have said that it's hard to publish because of the number of publishers on Amazon. I say that's nonsense. There have always been a lot of publishers around, and it's the same in every other work domain. There will always be competition, but you have to ignore it and do your own thing. Copying or trying to one-up others will only result in readers viewing you as unoriginal.

Be yourself.

8. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

A friend of mine gave me the link to publish on Amazon and make money taking advantage of Kindle popularity, but I found so complicated the reading to get people starting that I gave up before I could even fully understand how.

I mean, publishing and ebook is not that hard, then why does Amazon make it?

She is an author with published books and either found comprehensible the startup guide and turned down such opportunity.

Besides competence is certainly another drawback, unless you know in advance your work has the characteristics of a best seller to make it there.