Ladies, We Have To Talk

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Bobby Cole, May 18, 2019.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yes ladies and some gentlemen, we gotta talk.
    To be as delicate as humanly possible, I do have a small complaint that just has to be brought up but alas, how to write it is a bit difficult.

You see, some ladies and a few men do certain things in certain places that they need not do them. I can almost understand an occasional incident in an elevator or even possibly at a grocery store or God forbid, in church but in a car? Whilst driving? !!
    To put is plainly, did you know that farding whilst driving is actually illegal in all states in the U.S.?
    It’s true! Though it’s somewhat accepted as something a lady and some men simply have to do outside the dressing room or the bath, it is never acceptable to be caught farding whilst driving.

Huh? That word? Oh, ya mean “farding”? It’s just another word for primping or applying cosmetics. :)

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I apply in the morning after my ablutions - Ha ! Now there's a word you never thought I'd use :cool:

As for 'farding' - only ever discreetly and in private :p

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not surprised !!!... I was on the opposite side of the carriageway passing some slow moving traffic, and saw a woman looking in her rear view mirror and applying mascara ...there's no way she had control of that car!!!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole ...I hear you. Even as a female I have never done that. I ...even my hubby have always gotten up early enough to shower, lunches, hair and face...etc.
    Never in the car or on the bus, never made sense to me.
    Had a girlfriend that I car pooled with that painted her nails while driving! Drove me nuts.

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I tried to put lipstick on in the car last week (don't worry, the boyfriend was driving). We hit a rough patch and I looked like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Really, I had lipstick on the tip of my nose.

Bobby Cole and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Applying one’s face whilst driving is indeed a stupid thing to do, but alas, I once had a girlfriend who insisted on putting on her mascara and lipstick whilst driving. Good person, but a little lopsided somewhere between the right and left sides of her brain.

Oh yeah, the church thing. Whilst it might not be particularly dangerous (on earth), I once observed a lady who farded throughout half a sermon.
    Some real stinkin’ thinkin’ ! (Pun intended)

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole you probably thought you would catch a few people with that word and see if they would make a mistake for another word sounding similar. The people in the form where more intelligent than most people. I enjoyed the try [Some real stinkin’ thinkin’ ! (Pun intended)]

Beth Gallagher and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

I bet it was :p (meaning make-up of course)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, the thought did occur to me but to be honest, whilst I was sure that our very British ladies would know the meaning, I wasn’t so sure about the others.
    Yet, ours is an older community and there is a possibility that some ladies and gents even remember the “Schools of Farding” that were scattered throughout the English speaking world.
    Now, had this been a younger grouping of people.......ah, the game would indeed be afoot!

Martin Alonzo likes this.