Let Me Get Right On That

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Jenn Windey, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

i have had more then my share of incredibly unbelievable things happen in my life. The job I have now has to be one of the craziest jobs ever. The things that come out of peoples mouths never fail to amaze me because sometimes they are so bizarre you have to wonder if they are for real.

I work as a property manager for several very large condominium complexes in the Northeast. We have been totally hammered by snow for the last week to a depth we have not had since 2001. It is to a point where I have genuine concern not only for the property but for the safety of the residents. We are due potentially another 7-18" by Tuesday so as should be expected my attention has been on coordinating the efforts needed to prepare for this event.

Today I had a couple come in and ask in ask in all sincerity if I could send someone over to their Townhouse right away, I asked them why and this is what they told me...

Could you send someone to shake the snow off the tree, it is making the kitchen dark

You cannot make up this stuff.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Surely you sent someone over, didn't you?

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Well we do't want their kitchen to be dark now do we. Did you laugh in their face?

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Ken, I am sure that she was able to get it taken care of right away so those poor folks could have sunshine in their kitchen again.
    It is actually a fairly quick and simple job if you send an experienced technician who understands how to remove the snow from the tree.

Von Jones likes this.
  5. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

If I had not experienced 6.9 decades on this planet, I would not believe it, but I DO!

6. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually and sadly I had the arborvitae cut down. This troubles me greatly because I am quite hard pressed to ever remove an otherwise healthy plant, but ultimately the decision was from the Board president. It is actually sort of sad to me that this is what some retired people focus on. We live in NY for crying out loud, it is not very sunny here ever.

All I can think, and it is equally as sad, is wait till summer and the afternoon sun and heat starts hitting that window, I am sure we will get calls then to replace the bush. Not happening!

Love the Clydesdale's Yvonne! Saw them last summer at the fair SO majestic SO beautiful!

Richard Paradon likes this.